Blushing

Ziro

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but I always blush whenever I talk to someone I don't know- even if I'm not really that nervous at all. Is there anything I can do to counter this?

Black Panther®

Don Juan
Reaction score
dam...my answer to this is that may be you are not used to talk in front of people, or hold conversations with people, and are afraid, shy that the person you conversating with might think that what you are saying is stupid.

There could be a million reasons why this is happening, but only YOU can know this.

Take a look at why you feel this way. What are you thinking about the other person while you are talking to her/him.

You know the answer, although you might not see it right away.

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to blush a lot. I still do sometimes. When I do it's very pronounced and the chick will likely notice it. This is a situation where I use what I call a "self-neg". Example:

HB: Wow, you're turning red.
PDX: Yeah, I do that a lot. Seriously, I am a PROFESSIONAL blusher. Speaking of that, I want your opinion on something. I was thinking of dying my hair blonde but I think it might look funny when I blush like this. What do you think?

By calling myself a "professional blusher" I demonstrate that I am comfortable enough to talk about my flaws. In fact I sound like I am proud of them. Very disarming.

-PDX

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SexPDX
HB: Wow, you're turning red.
PDX: Yeah, I do that a lot. Seriously, I am a PROFESSIONAL blusher. Speaking of that, I want your opinion on something. I was thinking of dying my hair blonde but I think it might look funny when I blush like this. What do you think?

By calling myself a "professional blusher" I demonstrate that I am comfortable enough to talk about my flaws. In fact I sound like I am proud of them. Very disarming.

-PDX
haha, great example mate, thanks! i'll be sure to use it the next time some girl says that.

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ziro
I don't know what it is, but I always blush whenever I talk to someone I don't know- even if I'm not really that nervous at all. Is there anything I can do to counter this?
yeah i have the same problem, i just blush a lot sometimes for no real reason. its ben like that my whole life

Tweek_1984

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see a psychologist and she told me that blushing when talking to the opposite sex or someone who is of higher status than yourself is known as 'social phobia'. It's a condition whereby you are very self aware and maybe act differently to look good infront of said person.

This is proven when a hot chick is talking to you and you start going red, and you know you are, but you've been so self-aware that when she stops talking, you haven't a clue what she just said.

The best way to combat this is to concentrate on her and what she/he has to say. The only way to stop being self-aware is just psycological unfortunately. One day you'll just stop caring. It all comes with age I suppose. You dont see 40 year old men blushing alot.