Best way to rid of chest flab (aka Man titties)

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since the age of 12 or so I've always noticed my nipples and the area around them stick out. I figured it'd go away after a year but years have gone by and still it remains.

I've never been made fun of for it so I think it's more noticable to me than to everyone else. I still want to get rid of it.

I go to the gym on average 3-4 days ( alternating between upper and lower muscle groups) a week with cardio on some off days. While this has sculpted my body and made me stronger, this God damn stuff won't go away.

I do bench presses, decline bench presses, incline, dumbell flys, chest press, and the list goes on. I will admit for a day or two after working my chest it looks quite good and even the titties are unnoticable by me and instead look like chiseled pecs. Then day three rolls around and I look flabby and out of shape.

I've read that it's a condition and sometimes requires surgery to fully remove the breast tissue.

Any advice is appreciated.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't spot reduce fat like you can work muscle groups. You need to lower your overall BF%. Your genes dictate where and when you lose fat.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm aware of that, I'm not trying to reduce. I'm trying to turn it into muscle. Seeing as it's not turning into muscle I think it's a tissue problem.

My body fat is hovering around 9% according to my doctor, and 11% according to this instrument they have at the gym.

TedJustAdmitIt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't turn fat into muscle nor muscle into fat...they're two entirely different kinds of tissue.

Bodyfat measurements are notoriously unrealiable so it's best to go on the image you see in the mirror...you're obviously unhappy with that so adjust your diet and keep on working at lowering your bf%.

Failing that you might wanna google man boobs and have a read up on them,I can't remember the exact medical name but it's gyno-something.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 9% you probably just have an issue with body image. I bet you're the only one who sees your problem. Perhaps you could post a pic?

sactown1

Don Juan
Reaction score
could be a hormone issue, try to raise your test levels; good fats, ZMA etc.

Reaction score
1. Lose fat mass off your body.

2. Gain chest muscle mass so the fat there stretches and appears less.

3. Train properly so you have a boost in chest growth. eg: full body worKout WITH squats, deads and rows... and bench of course.

4. Clean up your diet slowly. Eat more broccoli and spinach.

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably have gynecomastia. It can be fixed with surgery, but that's basically the only way.
Don't really worry about it. The surgery is way too expensive, and other people really don't care about your puffy nipples haha.

I'm being blunt about it because I have it too, so I know how it is

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn it, I have the same problem as well. I don't have man-boobies, actually my chest looks pretty decent, but my nipples are constantly hard and are always sticking out through my shirt. Have you ever walked into ocean water late at night and it's cold as fvck, then all of a sudden your nipples get all hard, well that's how mine are 24/7. I don't know what to do, sometimes I feel embarrassed wearing a moderately form-fitting shirt because my nipples are always poking through, which sucks because I have a pretty good built.

Can anyone please help out? Summer is here and I don't wanna have to wear big bulky shirts all summer long. :(

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
The_flying_dutchman said:
my nipples are constantly hard and are always sticking out through my shirt. Have you ever walked into ocean water late at night and it's cold as fvck, then all of a sudden your nipples get all hard, well that's how mine are 24/7.
Im pretty sure you got somethin else man. Gynecomastia is where it's almost always soft, but they poke out still. It's hard to explain. But yers is like the opposite

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
akeith90 said:
Im pretty sure you got somethin else man. Gynecomastia is where it's almost always soft, but they poke out still. It's hard to explain. But yers is like the opposite
True. If you have Gynecomastia it will look like someone pumped air into your nipple region. Instead of the nipples being flat and hard onto your chest, they'll stick out and are very stretched.

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Gyno will be manifest with severe pain and itching and even lactating in the nipples......you'll know if you have Gyno. I honestly don't think he has gyno. Very rare condition....and I assume he's not juicing cause he would have said so...
Where did you hear that?
I have never in my life heard of pain or lactation occuring because of Gynecomastia. I think you're thinking of something entirely different

akeith90

Don Juan
Reaction score

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've shown my doctors over the years. First one when I was about 13 or early 14. Told me something to the extent of "wait a year and it should improve".

Went again when I was 15. Doctor told me it was nothing to worry about but he couldn't come up for a reason to explain it if his life depended on it.

No, I do not take steroids.

When I was 11/12 I was very skinny and when they first started appearing I thought I was getting minor pec muscles. Near the end of my 12th year I began to worry when my friends would have pot bellies and I'd have a fat chest.

When I was 13/14 I put on a decent amount of weight, and began to forget about them because they started to blend into my body stucture at the time.

Now that I'm much leaner and bulkier they stick out more to me. My chest looks fine at the top then it starts to puff out and become almost like jelly (moderately firm but not like a firm pair of tits you'd most likely feel on a chick with a huge rack)..