best way to over come fear?

*RHCP*

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive decided that im gonna force myself to overcome my fear of meeting girls in public and just go out and do it until im not afraid. all i need is some direction. so can people recommend where, when and how (a really pacif answer on what to say would help heaps). i want to overcome the fear as quickly as possible, but the reason im not just going out and doing it is because as far as i can remember i have never seen it done, and i dont want to do something completly out of context. if there are any movies out there with realistic scenes showing pickups then they would help to.

Zod

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as movies go, I can recommend Fight Club.

Heres why:

- Tyler Durden's (Brad Pitt's) confidence, and poise. Replicate it, and then become it.

- Again, Tyler Durden's (Brad Pitt's) voice tone, do you think Brad Pitt's voice is naturally like that? Hell no, he practiced so he could control his voice tone and speed. Like above, replicate it, then become it.

- If all else fails, this is a good movie to watch :D .

Also read this article from sosuave.com - should help with your fear.

http://www.sosuave.com/halloffame/hall258.htm

Inquire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^yea fight club is one inspiring movie. also u can get a friend who has strong arms and make him push u into girls so u can talk to them. not throw the chick down but a bump. if u find a friend to do tat, he's a keeper.

gravstar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get some some close buddies as your wingmen (2 is a good number) then go places, eg. mall, or just out at night on the streets, you are sure to some some fine birds.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go to the mall. busy day. hand ur friend a hundred bucks, or some large amount for u that u cant afford to lose. tell him if u dont get rejected at least ten times, he can keep it.

then go ahead. earn ur 100 back.

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dannowillbookem
go to the mall. busy day. hand ur friend a hundred bucks, or some large amount for u that u cant afford to lose. tell him if u dont get rejected at least ten times, he can keep it.

then go ahead. earn ur 100 back.

very good idea

- Smooth Player 056 -
Founder and Creator of the HSDJBC/ Contest
Founder of Ultimate HSDJ Technique

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said this in another thread, and it applies here as well...

I stole this tip from someone else on the board, whoever it is, props.

Imagine the ugliest, bitchiest girl ever. While your with this HB, that girl is over on the other side of the room saying "You little fucking pussy, you don't have the balls to do anything with this girl. You'll be stuck with a girl like me for the rest of your life!"

It works for me :D

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never sayFight Club but, it said somewhere on site to watch it because apparently after you watch it you'll feel like, "I don't give a sh*t and i'm going to do whatever the fvck i want."

The one about trying to win your money back is good too, because you won't be shy when your ultimate goal is gettting rejected. Sometimes when you get that confidence you have to act like an asswhole to get the rejection. It was fun when did it.
But i dont think you have any DJ friends to go out with.

THE BEST PLACE TO GO OUT (TO GET REJECTED OR WHATEVER) IS A DIFFERENT TOWN. You won't know anyone their and no one will know you. So if you look like a dumba$$, no one back home will know.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whyshy
I never sayFight Club but, it said somewhere on site to watch it because apparently after you watch it you'll feel like, "I don't give a sh*t and i'm going to do whatever the fvck i want."
same thing for office space.

and the thing about the ugly chick bringing u down, i use that constantly. i posted it on the board a long time ago and its one of my favorite tricks. instead its the chick next to u, the ugly nasty geek girl, saying "dont do this, dont do that. u wont. u cant. u'll look like an idiot. seriously just keep ur mouth shut" u know all the stuff u say to urself thats holding u back.

then, just push her away. shes easy to say no to, right? i mean...look at her.

yeah thats a favorite. definetly works.

*RHCP*

Don Juan
Reaction score
thx everyone i will try all these things. what would really help though, is if i new exactly what i was going to say before i approched her, then i would still be nervous but i would just deal with it and do it anyway. so what do you guy say when you try to have a conversation whith someone you dont know (when you dont think of somethig smart to say)?

Zod

Don Juan
Reaction score
We can't make up a conversation for you, and theres many reasons to that. Some being;

-Sooner or later, you can't just keep relying on people to do things for you.

-It won't sound natural

-It probably won't work the way you want it too as you don't have 100% control over her answers.

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First say, "hi, my name is whyshy," shake her hand (hold her hand longer and eye contact than you usually would). She'll say her name.

Look at what she's doing. If she's drinking a soda say, "How's the soda." If your at the mall shopping, ask her, "Hey what do you think about this," or "What do you think would look good on me."

BASSICLY ANYTHING BUT MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR HER OPINION OR ASK ABOUT HER. WOMEN LOVE TO TALK ABOUT THEMSELVES.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
remember fear isnt real
its only as real as you make it