Being In Shape: Hurts Your Chances?

new_hotness

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be about 20 pounds overweight, maybe a bit more. But even then, I thought I was hot sh!t! Girls would approach me and check me out on the regular.

At work and school, no problem hooking it up.

But then, I thought I could amp up the results, get less resistance, have more choice if I really tightened things up and got into tip top shape.

I'm not gonna lie and say I'm at 5% body fat or anything, but I'm in pretty good shape. Hint: lay off the fatburger!

Anyway, I'm not noticing any change in how women perceive me. If anything I'd say fewer women are checking me out. Sometimes, I can float through a public place like a mall or coffee shop without gals even checking me out.

I felt like this was rare before.

Can anyone relate to this? I don't work out to get girls now. I work out because I like it, I just thought there would be a bigger change in my opportunities as well.

U-571

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe now your ego got so big from working out that you just think women should be noticing more and you notice them not noticing you.

There are men all over the place who are in shape. Perhaps your ego took over here and women can smell that from a mile away just by your ****iness.

Not saying its true...but food for thought....

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
new_hotness said:
I used to be about 20 pounds overweight, maybe a bit more. But even then, I thought I was hot sh!t! Girls would approach me and check me out on the regular.

At work and school, no problem hooking it up.

But then, I thought I could amp up the results, get less resistance, have more choice if I really tightened things up and got into tip top shape.

I'm not gonna lie and say I'm at 5% body fat or anything, but I'm in pretty good shape. Hint: lay off the fatburger!

Anyway, I'm not noticing any change in how women perceive me. If anything I'd say fewer women are checking me out. Sometimes, I can float through a public place like a mall or coffee shop without gals even checking me out.

I felt like this was rare before.

Can anyone relate to this? I don't work out to get girls now. I work out because I like it, I just thought there would be a bigger change in my opportunities as well.
you had the entitlement and confidence already when you were chubby.... thus there was no difference....its all in the attitude...

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the quality of the girls.
Fat or skinny guys get attention from fat/ugly women while average or handsome guys don't.

When you move from fat to average you lose the attention from ugly/fat girls but you don't get it yet from the attractive ones,you're in some kind of limbo.
Ugly girls think they have no chance so they ignore you while cute ones just don't find you enought attractive to hit on you.

I think Pook wrote something about.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah, it's all bull. I'll got myself into shape, i.e. got leaner and put on some muscle and women started checking me out left and right, regardless how ugly, old, hot, tall they are. I ve got a babeface on 6.4 body and they perceive me as friendly and harmless, I can get pretty much any woman to put on a warm smile before I approach her.

The other difference is the size. 20 lbs is a lot, which will affect the way your clothes looks. When I was bulking up I ve got so big that I was filling those clothes nicely and some of the ladies seem to have liked it. Why? they just like big sizes to feel like a little daddy's girl.

You got clothes that fits you well now, to properly show off what you have got?

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, this is a female pride issue. The girls won't look because you're likely better looking than they are, and will wait for you to make the first move if you so desire. They also won't approach based on intimidation and the desire to avoid being "one of your many ho's."

I notice far more hot girls hit on me and stare than the fat ugly broads. The fat chicks that work at stores are also extremely rude and exhibit abysmal customer service, while the hotter ones are more friendly and receptive to small talk. Chalk it up to bitterness, pride, self-esteem or whatever, but this is how it goes. I don't know why you're trying to get in shape for the ladies, anyway. I see fat dudes with smokin' broads all the time. I mean, by all means get in shape for yourself but for the chicks? Waste of time.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, they do look, yes they check out, they are much quicker and indirect, and far more skillful at checking people out than men. They even check out the other chicks, etc.

Just be attentive, you will see how they do it, if it's the right moment you may even catch her staring. The fat chicks are simply that much less stealthier. A hot woman will only sneak a quick pic and be on her way (it's a quick scan from the top to the shoes, takes less than 2 seconds- guess what, you just been checked out)

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you lose 20 lbs of weight then you are not specific to what you lost. Did you lose 20 lbs around your stomach and waist, or did that 20 lbs include muscle, chest muscle, body-water, etc....?

I'm also looking at this issue myself. My cousin is telling me that I need to get more muscle on my arms and chest & take supplements to appear more confident. I am also obsese.

I'm a bit confused on this. I think that if I go to the Gym and work-out, then the "natural pheromones" kick in and I have a "healthy vibe", regardless of whether any muscle was gained or any weight was lost...so I'm debating with myself if "natural pheromones" that come from working out, or actual body changes result in differences in attention from women.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PapiChulo said:
yes, they do look, yes they check out, they are much quicker and indirect, and far more skillful at checking people out than men. They even check out the other chicks, etc.

Just be attentive, you will see how they do it, if it's the right moment you may even catch her staring. The fat chicks are simply that much less stealthier. A hot woman will only sneak a quick pic and be on her way (it's a quick scan from the top to the shoes, takes less than 2 seconds- guess what, you just been checked out)
Totally different experience for me. It's a regional thing in part, and also the way you carry yourself. I get NO love from from fat chicks until I talk to them and see I'm a nice guy, but the hotties look unabashedly and don't even try to hide it unless they're stuck up beyotches that don't even deserve my time anyway.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strelok said:
It depends on the quality of the girls.
Fat or skinny guys get attention from fat/ugly women while average or handsome guys don't.

When you move from fat to average you lose the attention from ugly/fat girls but you don't get it yet from the attractive ones,you're in some kind of limbo.
Ugly girls think they have no chance so they ignore you while cute ones just don't find you enought attractive to hit on you.

I think Pook wrote something about.
that's a good point right there. Although it could be average girls not looking at him anymore rather than fat/ugly.

Look at it this way. Women will usually give looks to guys that they think they have a chance with and are at their league level. We guys will look at anything that walks and has a nice a$$.

So an average girl will look towards average to good looking but you won't see a hb8 who is on the cheerleading squad looking at an average to good looking. They'll be looking at the hottest guys around who they feel are at their level.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my mother doesn't seem to mind looking at some 20+ if she thinks he is cute.

supernaut767

Reaction score
Maybe you are trying to trade off your body too much and it shows. This is pretty subtle. I've noticed that girls check me out more when I'm in shape, but I also have to have a good attitude, energy and not really wanting it. When I'm looking for validating glances it doesn't happen as easily.

Either way it shouldn't matter. Looking for girls checking you out is going to sink your game faster than anything. You need to be approaching and going for it regardless. Girls often don't register stuff in their peripheral vision, even if they are buff studs who they want to be shagged senseless by.

new_hotness

Don Juan
Reaction score
corrector said:
When you lose 20 lbs of weight then you are not specific to what you lost. Did you lose 20 lbs around your stomach and waist, or did that 20 lbs include muscle, chest muscle, body-water, etc....?

I'm also looking at this issue myself. My cousin is telling me that I need to get more muscle on my arms and chest & take supplements to appear more confident. I am also obsese.

I'm a bit confused on this. I think that if I go to the Gym and work-out, then the "natural pheromones" kick in and I have a "healthy vibe", regardless of whether any muscle was gained or any weight was lost...so I'm debating with myself if "natural pheromones" that come from working out, or actual body changes result in differences in attention from women.
Good question: it's tough to both cut weight AND buik up.

edit: if you want to get in better shape, you will have to do it in phases. I would concentrate on losing fat first, then gaining muscle second. Unless you want to be both fat and muscular at the same time.

Right now, I have focused on losing weight (mainly fat).

So, I've pretty much lost MOST of the excess fat I wanted to, but have not gone through a period of bulking up and getting really defined.

So, kind of in an awkward limbo period.

Still, I think I look much better than I did 20 excess pounds ago. :)

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a lot of cases, the better looking you are, the less you need to "act" ****y/confident.

If you were average looking but had a great personality full of ****y/funny stuff, you'd go further. If you've got looks, great body and ****iness it's a turnoff to most women.

Sorry dude, but great bodies are a dime a dozen.

The better your shape, the more "normal" you can be with your attitude and I'd venture a guess that confidence with a hint of humilty will go a long way. Being ****y when you've already got the deck stacked will backfire.

actionjaxson

Don Juan
Reaction score
being in better shape doesnt hurt at all. its all in your head. i lost 30 pounds and went from cute to hot and sexy. if a girl doesnt like a guy thats in shape then she has bad taste.