beauty and the geek? wtf?

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
holy fvcking ****...

...i just had to post this because you guys are the only ones who would understand how much bull**** this is.

i saw an ad for this show on yahoo and decided to check it out. it's so fvcking sick i don't think i can ever watch another episode.

these geeks get matched up with these low-iq hotties and the guys have to learn more about chicks while the girls have to learn smarts.

these guys are so fvcking afc it's sick! i mean it's terrible, one has never had a date and he's 25, another is still a virgin at 30 something, another has never touched a girl!!! they need to be turned into men, but the show is transforming them from afcs into prissy afcs.

and the stuff they learn is like female fashion? all pop culture trends and bull****. the girls are really stupid too...one was asked "what state is east of west virginia?" and she answered "massachusetts?" wtf?? how are they even american?
this is worse than jay leno's jaywalking bit.

it's engrossing, seriously.

i rarely watch much tv, but this caught my eye because i would have probably fallen for all of it back before finding this site...and at the same time, it's nice to see how far some of us have come to stand apart from the norm for guys.

Jake-inator

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw an add for it, and it looked kind of amusing actually. :D

This is probably as close to a hot girl these guys might ever get.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
maybe they're actors

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Didnt MTV do something like this where there was a pimp telling an AFC what to tell the HB's?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It'd be hell funny if someone pretended to be a geek to get into the show, then suddenly became a smooth, suave "DJ" on live television.

That'd throw a damper on the television executives.

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
of course they are AFCs. The whole point of the show is for geeks to meet up with Hbs. Could be that some are actors. If you are anti social, has no self esteem and confidence would u go on national TV to make a fool out of yourself?

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From the link

"During these competitions, the geek must try to pass his brains onto the beauty, while the beauty tries to pull the game out of the geek."

This isnt really an sort of dating game idea. Just teaming nerds with babes to see how stupid the chicks sound and how stupid the AFCs look.

Chimera

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, they're running out of ideas. This is almost as bad as that show with the midgets on FOX.

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
i gotta admit some of it is a tiny bit amusing because it is the guys' fault. but, it also makes you sick to see the way society and media are sometimes...it's just a little wrong.

yeah, actually, one of the guys i think is not a geek, and he was cuddling with one of the girls on the first episode/night. then there's one guy who is such a geek that he has to be an actor or maybe paid extra.

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy this show.

A geek got with a hottie yesterday, because he was dark and mysterious.

It's designed as a social experiment. It's good when the guys are like "What do you look for in a guy?" and they answer "Spontaneous and Trustworthy"

These guys are gonna learn confidence from the hot women. How is that a bad deal?

This show is what a lot of people need. Half of you guys on this board are all schmuck AFC's either making up stories or waking up every day saying you're gonna grab your balls and talk to that hot girl.... but you put it off till the next day. Imagine being thrown right into the thick of things. It's gonna help these nerds grow as people immensly.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by h2o
these guys are so fvcking afc it's sick! i mean it's terrible, one has never had a date and he's 25, another is still a virgin at 30 something, another has never touched a girl!!! they need to be turned into men, but the show is transforming them from afcs into prissy afcs.

They all lie, ie. they call it "act".
Hav eyou seen some informerical where lie 10 people say things cool the advertised product is?
Has it occured to you that ALL of them have been paid to say those things? i.e. they ALL just simple lie...

Same thing with that show - they all lie, about their backgrund and skills...the goal is just to show something ridiculuous that draw attention. You have been drawn? They got. They reached the goal.
So well... it is not that ridiculous show... it reaches the goals.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I reckon they're actors. Seriously, as someone said, why would a bunch of insecure nerd AFCs go on national television?

Just like on Jerry Springer, why does everyone have a southern accent?

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
I reckon they're actors. Seriously, as someone said, why would a bunch of insecure nerd AFCs go on national television?
To have the possibility of winning 250 grand...To have an opportunity to hang out with hot women for once in their lives...To make some ill-advised attempt to turn their lives around...Because half the people who go on reality shows nowadays become pseudo-celebrities...I don't think there's any lack of possible motives here.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmmmm

The "evolution" of media into todays world sure has us us suspecious of everything huh? Is it real is it staged? All part of the alure to get bodies to watch it:p

OFF TOPIC: did you see that GM might go under? Not now but the pendelum of doom is defnately not that farr off. That's what's really got me worried?:eek: