Bar or get a booth?

Reaction score
When you meet up with a chic for drinks and it's the first date, do you go and sit at the bar or get a table?

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a table. I like to find a place that's close to other people though because I like to be sociable and mingle. It's more fun that way.

MotownMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the bar, just because it's more awkward to face the person you're talking to. In the interest of developing rapport and good body language, I like to comfortably face them. You could do this at the bar, but it isn't as natural. I prefer the table or booth also.

After the first few dates, I don't think it really matters tho.

Reaction score
alright cool thanks guys.. this girl is some kind of secret agent for the government.. she won't tell me about her job and she didn't talk much on the phone.

All I know is she is in the "anti terror" unit.. any advice how to handle this first date??

DavenJuan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MNIN..

is this for drinks or dinner or both??

If you are only going for drinks i would def. pick the bar. this outting is suppose to be a social outting and believe it or not, being around others makes it more of a social outting and helps create this persona.

if you are only going for dinner then i def would go to the booth. it calms things down a bit and a bit more intimate. even though you can still have the same intimacy at the the bar, it takes a bit more work since you are occupied with others conversation and entertainment.

if you are going for both, then obviously the ONE ****tail at the bar before you get sat at a booth tends to work wonders.

but if it were me. i always seem to choose the BAR first. i build rapport with the bartender showing social proof, mingle a bit with other patrons asking about drinks, showing her a good time. then i move to the BOOTH. we have built a bit of rapport and by time we get to the booth we know more about each other and it is a lot more relaxed.

IMO

Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
MNIN..

is this for drinks or dinner or both??

If you are only going for drinks i would def. pick the bar. this outting is suppose to be a social outting and believe it or not, being around others makes it more of a social outting and helps create this persona.

if you are only going for dinner then i def would go to the booth. it calms things down a bit and a bit more intimate. even though you can still have the same intimacy at the the bar, it takes a bit more work since you are occupied with others conversation and entertainment.

if you are going for both, then obviously the ONE ****tail at the bar before you get sat at a booth tends to work wonders.

but if it were me. i always seem to choose the BAR first. i build rapport with the bartender showing social proof, mingle a bit with other patrons asking about drinks, showing her a good time. then i move to the BOOTH. we have built a bit of rapport and by time we get to the booth we know more about each other and it is a lot more relaxed.

IMO

We agreed to meet "for a beer" .. that's it.. anything could happen really... it's all up in the air.. we talked for a few min on the phone.. she wasn't talkative but agreed to the meeting. Maybe I will show up 10 min late and let HER pick where to sit.

See my previous post about her profession..

Reaction score
In Motion said:
Say this: You know, I have a hidden bomb! IN MY PANTS!

Alright how's this:

A few minutes into the date I'll say "I have a hidden bomb in my pocket are you going to arrest me?"

If she says yes or anything like that I'm good to go!

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're already losing the battle. You're over analyzing and seeking an outcome.

You have to go with the follow and take control with her. You become the leader, and she will follow. Don't go into it expecting anything out of it, but be fun and exciting. Then she'll be into you. I'm sure of it.

Reaction score
Mavrick said:
You're already losing the battle. You're over analyzing and seeking an outcome.

You have to go with the follow and take control with her. You become the leader, and she will follow. Don't go into expecting anything out of it, but fun and exciting. Then she'll be into you. I'm sure of it.

I hear you. I always post on here pre-date it's like a ritual for me. I get great lines like In Motion suggested, lol.. and other good advice. I would have never thought of the "bomb in my pocket" line if I didn't ask my friends here on sosuave. And you guys know I always follow up with a date report so we'll see what happens.

Plus, I think I'm ready... This can't be harder than going out with a lawyer.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
Alright how's this:

A few minutes into the date I'll say "I have a hidden bomb in my pocket are you going to arrest me?"

If she says yes or anything like that I'm good to go!
Dude you messed up the joke.

That isn't even funny.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Dude you messed up the joke.

That isn't even funny.
Ha! I thought the same thing.

Reaction score
Mods, could please merge this thread with the "date with a secret operative" thread? Results of the date are in there...