bags under eyes

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone know a good cream to use to remove bags under eyes? Wondering if there's anything that can heal it (like, putting it on before you sleep) instead of just cover it up. Not getting enough sleep lately, and my bags are getting really bad.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the only sure way to fix it is getting some 8 hours of sleep or so. Exercise should help out as well. As far as medications, I have no idea. Maybe someone can pass some wisdom in here.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back when I had two jobs, I had the same problem. It was getting pretty bad cause I started looking like a freakin heroin addict. My gf at the time gave me this tip and it worked pretty well (but try to sleep healthy hours anyway):

Take a table spoon, and run cold water over it for like 2 mins. Close your eye, and place the now cold spoon right over your eye. This causes the blood cells in your eye bags to contract from cold. Repeat with 2nd eye.

Also, don't take warm showers, make sure you eat healthy, and try to exercise as often as you can.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
Take a table spoon, and run cold water over it for like 2 mins. Close your eye, and place the now cold spoon right over your eye. This causes the blood cells in your eye bags to contract from cold. Repeat with 2nd eye.
Sounds like that would only help until your skin went back to normal temperature (which wouldnt take very long).

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tried that, but the good effects didn't last for very long. Actually, I looked at my sleeping patterns for the past few weeks, and I've almost been getting 6-7 hours of sleep a day, so it's not that bad. Just that it's at strange hours, like sleeping at 6 in the morning until 2 in the afternoon, and such. Anyone know whether it matters? I asked my derm a while back, and she didn't have a clue.. haha

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well it could be allergies those with allergies get them. So allergy meds could clear them up.

If its from lack of sleep there are under eye cremes around such as "sudden change under eye"

Another way to help is get a tan and they are less obvious

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as gross as this sounds , it actually works:

take a pea size drop of preperation h and rub it on the bag under your eye , then do the next eye. close your eyes and go straight to bed. in the morning wash your face.... the bags are now gone and it feels like you opened your eyes for the first time:D

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres a 5 page thread on here about using aloe vera.

JBalfour4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
as gross as this sounds , it actually works:

take a pea size drop of preperation h and rub it on the bag under your eye , then do the next eye. close your eyes and go straight to bed. in the morning wash your face.... the bags are now gone and it feels like you opened your eyes for the first time:D

How much does Preperation H cost?

Lancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh.. isn't preperation h for hemeroids or something?

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to Bath and Body Works and get "Aromatherapy Spa Soothing Eye Pads" They are white pads with cucumber extract that you press around your eyes and leave them on for 10 minutes. When I took them off the first time, my puffy eyes were totally gone and my face looked noticeably better. I swear by them now and use them every two to four weeks. Of course your mileage may vary.