Bad move.. or no problem?

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dating this amazing girl for about a month now. We get a long very well. We both C&F on each other and we both have very high interest levels.

So I'm very sarcastic sometimes when I get in the mood. So I tease her about something and then I'll reassure her that I was just kidding and say something like aw, baby don't worry I'm just joking with a sly grin. We do that kind of thing all the time. I'm that way to everyone.

So today I was in my house and we're just giving each other ****. She starts baggin on me for something and jokingly, I say oh you're a bad girlfriend. She knows I'm joking but acts like she's hurt so I'm like "Aw, I love you, don't worry". FU*CK! lol.

I didn't mean it, and it was said sarcastically, but still I'm worried because basically the whole DJ bible advises against stuff like this. It's way too early in the relationship to be saying things like that. She didn't seem to think much of it, and I guess maybe she knew I was kidding. But still, it just seems bad. I do this to all kinds of people, but I don't think she's actually seen me do this.

What do I do? I don't want her to feel weird because of a joke gone bad. It just slipped. I'm normally careful not to say things like that. Should I just blow it off and not give it a second thought or something else?

Don Juan
Reaction score
You didnt make it real clear what exactly you said that you thought was wrong. Just to make sure, you are talking about the part where you said "I love you", right? And your thinking that its too early in the relationship to say that.
I think if you obviously said it as a joke, it shouldnt be too bad. But women hear things differently than guys and analyze that stuff and everything so for all I know she's all trying to figure out what you meant by it and if you were serious. I dont know. I think the bible advises you to not say the "L word" unless its really a hardcore LTR looking like your going to marry her, and then she says it first. But I think that if you actually do love her, and the time is right, and you have been with her for a while, I think its fine to say it. Although in your situation I think a month is too short.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do nothing and don't make I love you jokes with girls you are dating.

Jokes always on some level have at truth to them - at least thats what goes on in womens' minds on the subject.

RiceHapa888

Don Juan
Reaction score
just completely ignore it and cut out the memory- thats all you can really do short of showing you dont love her- but then if its too obvious what you are doing its a problem to- doing it right would be very difficult- just let it blow over...

duttylove

Don Juan
Reaction score
if she questions you about it then let her know you ment nothing by it and change the subject. other wise get on with your relationship as if you hadnt said it.

Gravyboat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see a problem as long as you don't change how you behave around her. If you maintain your ****y and funny approach, you won't come off as "suddenly clingy."

And the important thing is you said it jokingly--at least that's what I inferred--so even though she might wonder, you should get a hall pass because of the context.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. If she's so quick to jump ship because she can't take a joke and recognize seriousness from sarcasm, then it would have never worked out anyway. Relax, you're doing fine. Play on and don't let it ruin your gameplan.