"baby mama drama"

If and when should I reveal that I have a baby?

• First Date

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Second Date

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Third Date

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Fourth or later

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

booqs

Reaction score
I am a new member to this site and I recently became single. I am 24 years old and a student. I had been dating this girl for like 3 years off and on and started dating her when she was a senior in high school(i was 19). We both moved away from our hometown to a major "party school" and both joined a fraternity/sorority. After a year and a half of breakups and makeups at school, she became pregnant(by me of course). So after much shock and disbelief she decided(with my encouragement) to keep the baby and we decided to leave our friends and college and move back to our hometown. Fast forward to now and our daughter is 6 months old and our relationship has been destroyed by our differences on many things. Now to get to the point of this post...I am now single and i attend a commuter school and have started to meet girls at school and other places. I am very apprehensive about how college aged single girls will respond to the fact that i have a baby daughter. I havent actually started dating anyone yet but i am trying to initiate something with this really hot(a 10 for sure) chick i met at the rec/gym at school. I dont know at what point I should reveal that i am a dad and if/how i should hide it until that point or what. if anyone has experience in this area or has advice to give please help..

booqs

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The time you get to the fourth date its probably a serious relationship and eventually the girl finds out everything so its best to tell her at the first date so she understands what she is going to get herself into, its really harsh to lay it on her once she has "fallen" inlove with you.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just go on and tell her
show her a picture

why the heck not? why hide it?
looks bad to hide it...
looks like a good daddy to be proud of her...

MrHarris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why hide it, those girls will only find out anyways. And they will think of you as less for not mentioning that you have a child.

I know a guy who takes his daughter everywhere he goes and it attracts all kinds of hot babes to him.

You should never be ashamed of having kids.

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
While men typically are not attracted to women who have other men's babies (unless the biological father is dead) to encourage you, women are attracted to single men who have children *and maybe* have a stable background (life, place of his own.)

Mention yourself having a child right away in hints ("I'm late because I hate to drop off my daughter" or "I can meet you at this place after my daughter gets picked up after school")

If she rejects you, fine.