Avoiding/defining one-itis

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I've been workin on the other aspects of DJing mainly, but now I've been getting out to clubs and I got a number saturday; I'll find a place to go and call tomorrow or so, but I want to avoid that exclusivity crap...is avoiding one-itis where you see multiple chicks and they don't know or when you see multiple chicks and they get jealous, or what? I found some posts on avoiding it by searching, but hell, I gotta define it first.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One-itis is when you are obssessed over one girl, and think the world of her. A lot of people give the advice that you should have sex with several women, thus broadening your experience and allowing you to realise that this person's just like anybody else.

I personally only need to realise that she's just a single woman out of some three-billion other women, and her importance suddenly deteriorates. If that's a bit unrealistic, realise that there are lots of other women around besides her anyway.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one-itis is being head over heels in love with some chick. Puppy love. This usually gets you hurt bad.

The counter to one-itis is to have interactions with more chicks so you forget about your love.

Lik

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh hell, I thought it was jus goin out with one girl, I had it wrong...cool, I aint gonna get obsessed or nothin, I'm too young to love, too wise to think I can, and too foolish to remember that in a few weeks...I hope not! Now time to read up on where to take her I guess

teedo

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have another question on this topic. i met this girl thru a friend. she is amazing. she has every good quality of every girl i have ever met. ive only once gone out with her but i honestly had the most amazing time i have ever had. she is also by far the most amazing girl ive ever touched. and we went quite a bit further that night ;) i cannot think of a single flaw with this girl. so my question is, how can i avoid one-itis when no other girl even comes close to this girl?? thanks in advance, cuz ill prolleh need help wit her later.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With a girl of such quality, it is safe to get a bit attached but not to the point of one-itis. Once she is yours, you may open up gradually.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by teedo
i have another question on this topic. i met this girl thru a friend. she is amazing. she has every good quality of every girl i have ever met. ive only once gone out with her but i honestly had the most amazing time i have ever had. she is also by far the most amazing girl ive ever touched. and we went quite a bit further that night ;) i cannot think of a single flaw with this girl. so my question is, how can i avoid one-itis when no other girl even comes close to this girl?? thanks in advance, cuz ill prolleh need help wit her later.
Three things to keep in mind:

1. You still don't know this girl that well. You are infatuated with her (which is natural) but this makes you likely to focus on her best qualities and ignore her shortcomings. There are also many (possibly negative) aspects of her personality which you haven't seen revealed yet.

2. She is not the most perfect girl in the world, only the most perfect girl you've met so far. There is always someone out there who's hotter, funnier, nicer, and smarter. Chances are, you'll meet many before your life is over.

3. Your relationship will not last forever. Ignoring the microscopic chances that you marry this girl, you need to know that someday your relationship will end. Don't fear that this day will come; KNOW that it will come.

This isn't meant to be depressing. You are having fun with this girl, and you should continue to have fun. Just keep those three things in the back of your mind and you should avoid one-itis.