Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hella wisdom

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Fingers
LAUGHTER IS FREEDOM

My roommates think I am nuts and they get pissed off that I wake them up like this all the time, but I think I get off on that and just laugh harder! Sometimes I completely lose it and they can't help but join me.
ok I'm laughing :D

I've read in the newspaper once about the oldest living French women, I don't know whether she's dead or not now, she said that her secret for living such a long life is in one word: Smile.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Fingers, you've got some pretty brilliant stuff flowing from you. I appreciate the time and thought you put into what you write. "DO!" That's the most powerful word I can think of.

By reading your posts, I've been reawakened to the fact that many people (myself included) shirk over their own natural talents because they don't conform to a certain mold.

A *passion* is probably the one thing missing from my life right now, and I believe it will do the trick. Go figure, I was a lot more confident back when I was playing little league baseball.

I guess it's time for me to supercede Bruce Lee:D
Or was it Hemingway?
Good stuff dude. I wish I could be as articulate as you.

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Superb posts my brother... I read them all and feel warm and fuzzy inside..haha..

I wanna add these DVD's to your collect:

Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security
Chris Rock - Bigger and Blacker
Martin Lawrence - You So Crazy and Runteldat
Eddie Murphy - Any oldschool Eddie Murphy

These make my cheeks hurt from laughin so hard...makes ya look at life less seriously...

Great Post Fingers! Just keep those fingers where everyone can see them..haha..

red sky30

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just wanted to bump this thread. kudos fingers, i really enjoyed reading your work. Especially the part about finding what your good at and doing it, not necassarily what your major in colelge is.

Mr. Fingers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some responses for yall...

To: Matt Rogers

Cheers bro. To answer your questions..

1. Check out my Alpha Essence thread.
2. I know exactly what you are going through with this internal dialogue. I still struggle with mine to this day. An interesting thing I have noticed that I have 2 flavors of internal talk. One is lost in time, past or future. And the other is a constant judge of everything I see (This is good, that is bad) I have mantras that help me defeat both...

For the voice of time I ask myself "WHERE am I? WHAT time is it?" and that usually snaps me back to the present.
For the voice of judgement I just say to myself "Wow!" and allow myself to become awed by what I see. I learned this trick from my sister, who is a phenomenal mother. Whenever my baby niece would starting fussing/crying my sis would just point to some random object and in a hoarse whisper, say "Wow!" I couldn't believe how the kid instantly shut up! I noticed it worked on my I.D. when I was on a hike through the mountains. My surroundings were so beautiful, I was in a constant state of awe and I noticed how quiet my mind was. Which brings up another tip. Connect with nature as often as you can. Even if it is a few minutes in the park, fukkit dude, it's better than nothing. The buzz of city life is the I.D.'s playground. Spend more time around trees, fresh air and breath-taking views and you will see a big difference in your mindstate.

3. See answer to number 1

To: Fly Guy

Baldness Schmaldness man. The most successful PUA I ever met is my man JJ who is very bald, To top it off, homeboy is VERY short (5'4") Not only does he joke about his own height/baldness, but he makes fun of girls for being too tall! Amazing how you can turn your deficit into a subtle neg on the HBs! Just make sure you keep the head trimmed/shaved and buy some nice kangols ;) It worked for LL Cool J!

To: oOh Nasty

I notice that you don't usually write in caps and consider this a profound compliment. Cheers!

To: Page

Thank you very much for that link. I am still reading your book and we are totally on the same page. (Total pun intended ;))

To: thejuice

I am glad you are INSPIRED my man! I can tell you totally get what I'm talking about. Passion is everything. If you ever want some honest friendly critique, email some of your stuff! I am also a big math/psychology/writing person so unless you totally suck, I am sure I will enjoy it.

To: Sammo
Great question. Life has taught me a lot of lessons, but I have also read alot of books that have opened my mind. I have started a new thread in Anything Else that gives a list of the most influential books/movies that have really struck me. The thread is called Gifts of Knowledge

To: RawkinKaoticStyle
hella thanks bro

To: Squy
Great point! My grandma died at 102 and she was one of the funniest people I ever met ... It truly is the best medicine!

To: Duke
It takes a brilliant person to recognize brilliance, so kudos ;)
By realizing you must find your passion, you are already ahead of so many unfortunate (and lazy) people. My friend, you can articulate much better than me if you devote yourself to the discipline of PRACTICE. People tell me how talented I am all the time, and I accept their compliments graciously, but in my heart I know I was not born with any "gift" I am simply a fast-learner and do my best to excel in everything I do. The only reason I succeed is because I become obsessed with excellence. My personal religion is to practice whatever it is I would like to learn and immerse myself in it completely. Simply put, Passion + Discipline = Unstoppable :) You can and will supercede Hemingway and Lee if you put your unbending will to it. I will amend Pook's infamous statement.

"As you think, believe and practice, so shall you become!"

To: HYPNOTQ
Thanks for the compliments. I was aiming for "charged and fired up", but I suppose "warm and fuzzy" is good. Extra thanks for the comedy recommendations. I left out quite a few masters, actually. George Carlin makes me laugh, but I know a lot of people think he's too dry. What can I say..his dark sarcasm appeals to the New Yorker in me! Oh and no need to worry. I always keep my fingers clean and in sight. Well, almost always...

To: red sky30
Thanks for the bump, dude. Hehe, that sounds kinda wrong. (No more coke for me thanks!) Yeah, so what was I gonna say.....oh yeah, I still don't get all these college kids blowing their cash. Most people I know just lie on their resumes! Man, fúck college! Unless you KNOW exactly what you want out of life and sincerely want to excel at something.

Don Ron

Banned
Reaction score
My apologies. NOW I really get it! I printed out your threads and numbered them myself. They actually blend quite nicely together. You managed to hold my attention Fingz, and that is impressive my man!

You get a well-deserved 5 stars from me!

Reaction score
heh - you are not the first person to ask, so I will paste the following response

**********paste

I earned it from one of my past girlriends. We were platonic for years and I broke the ice one night when we both got real tossed on acid & ecstacy and I started sniffing her crotch like a dog. At first it was a terribly tasteless joke but I really loved her scent and wouldn't leave her crotch alone. I rubbed my nose on it in crazy figure 8's and she got excited.. and that pretty much was the end of the LJBF! My initials are actually C.S. so it kinda stuck. My pals call me Sniff Doggy Dog, or SnifDawg for short.

I know..bizarre!

P.S.- Dont ever try this technique! It was blind luck that she didnt kick my teeth in!

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Fingers
WHY ARE WE HERE?
I remember in college, one of the most common social questions aside from "Got any reefer?" was, "So, what's your major?" It boggled my mind how many people were spending thousands of dollars on their education and ended up taking Business Management because they had no fu¢king clue what they really wanted to do with their lives!
HAHA thats hilarious. I am a business management major because i dont know what i want to do when i get out of college. When people ask what i want to do I tell them I either want to be a race car driver or the Rocketeer However, i am lucky that I do have a passion in performance cars and drag racing. The only problem is figuring out a career in that field so I have to resort to business and do car stuff on the side :confused: :(

Mr. Fingers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Delicious,

Hey man, its all good. At least you have found something that interests you. Do the business thing for now but start thinking about your life. WHere do you want to be 5 years from now? Write down your goals and realize that you have more options than you think. You could be a mechanic, or an engineer or any of the thousands of jobs in the auto-industry. It is good to know business management when you focus that knowledge into what you enjoy. Someday you just might run own garage/underground drag racing clique ;) and this knowledge will pay off. Keep your head up bro!

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. The process to becoming a mechanical engineer is too difficult. Way too much math to keep me interested. I like the mechanic thing except for the pay and the fact that I know I would get bored doing routine oil changes or things like that. I kind of want to own like a garage. My problem is also i am too concerned about making money. I want to know i can make a decent amount owning a garage or whatever. But anyway thanks for the input and those posts are very though provoking.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
D@mn !!

And should I sayh d@mn !!

I'm lucky that I read this post only now....because if I did before I'd steal half of it to my Happy post... man... we're on the same page... it's unbelievable...

It's so good to see people who think like I do, when I am surrounded with people who base their happiness on getting a lot of pu$$y, and can't even grasp at this way of living life !!

Seriously, since you're a very nomad fellow, you should come to Brazil sometime !! I'm inviting you !!
:)

BBB

Mr. Fingers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brazilian_Blues_Boy
Seriously, since you're a very nomad fellow, you should come to Brazil sometime !! I'm inviting you !!
Fast Forward 6 months later...

"Um Fingers? I know I said you were welcome here, but you've eaten everything in the house and you keep leaving your socks on the couch...and uh..when did you say you were leaving??"

Hehe..Don't tempt me BBB! I am crazy enough to take you up on your offer! :D

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Fingers,

In parts of your writing, you make the suggestion that a stopping of thought is a step to becoming confident. And you also suggest that to become confident is to act on thoughts that help us become confident.

Though a stopping of thought through meditation and extreme focusing of perception has been proven to shut down the cognitive part of the brain (the part where thoughts are processed) and in some cases has developed into a pathological condition. While to learn a new skill or habit, in most cases takes a cognitive effort to form the behaviors nessicary to carry it out without thought.

For example, when I was a kid and learning to ride a bike, I had a tough time keeping my balance. I tried and I tried and failed and tried yet again. I kept falling off and scraping up my arms and knees. Though through concentrating and observing myself as I ride, I gain a better understanding and knowledge of what happens when I do this action. So after a lil' Pavlovian Reinforcement :D I learned how to keep the bike balanced and started poppin' wheelies like a Mad Dawg, yo!

My point is that your tip for thought stopping can be great in some instances, but contradicts what you say about learning new actions. Are you saying to become confident we should walk around like unthinking, mindless, opinionless mammals in a stupor and just live for states of mind where we are in a deep level of trance? (I must admit though, it can be fun at times)