AtillaTheHun's field reports and general life awesomizing

AtillaTheHun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo

---

Ok, so today I managed to get another 5 approaches under my belt. Once again I was starting conversations with simple stuff like asking the time and what not, but today, I also managed to start a conversation that didn't have anything to do with my hat, or the time, or if my hair was sticking up in a place I couldn't see. Pretty awesome. I had a short conversation with this woman about a plant that I thought was fake until I saw her watering it. It was a pleasant exchange, and I felt like I was moving in the right direction.

I find that approaching is way different from just sitting around and talking to whoever happens to be near you. It's like learning to write with your weak hand. I feel like I have to relearn everything.

One thing that I'm particularly proud of is the fact that I managed to approach women who weren't standing still all by themselves. They were all either walking somewhere or doing something or standing around with other people. That last one was a leap of faith for me. She was with some dude, and it appeared she was about to call someone on her phone, but I managed to get in there just in time and talk to her. Her response was neutral.

And to think that a month ago, I was too scared to even ask for the time. What happened to me?

I now have 10 approaches total. That means I have 40 more approaches to do before the end of march 3rd. I'll keep you guys updated.

---

ATH

AtillaTheHun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's another update

---

First things first. I've fallen 5 approaches behind. There was another huge convention in town, and there were a lot of really hot high school girls roaming around the area. I guess I got a bit overwhelmed and started withdrawing. I managed to get two approaches in yesterday, and three in today, which means that I have to make up for a day's worth of approaches in the next five days. Feels bad man.

One important thing I did learn was that I was trying too hard to be smooth. There were a couple times where I put all of my effort into being confident and affable and got coldly ignored in return. But I found that people reacted much more positively when I wasn't trying to be something I'm not. Rejection doesn't scare me. It's people treating me like I'm not even worth talking to that scares me most.

Oh yeah, I know you guys always say to never trust a woman's advice, but I have to admit, my mom's advice on relationships makes a lot of sense and puts much of what is being said on this site into context. Just saying.

Also, I've been told that I don't smile often enough, and that when I consciously try to smile more, I come off as being creepy. Not too sure what I'm supposed to do about this, but I find that genuine smiles come out when I'm connecting with people emotionally. Does the connection bring out the smile or does the smile establish the connection? I'm leaning towards the former.

---

Anyways, I'm done for today. I should be feeling down about my failure to reach my approach for the day, but for some reason, I'm not.

Until next time

ATH