assign a point system to posts

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One good feature from some other discussion boards is to “rate” responses. You assign a point system, say a score of 1 – 5. This way, it would be useful to skip over posts that are useless flames of one another (Score: 1), and devote our time to useful posts (Some post worthy of a DJ Bible entry, such as Pook:Kill that Desperation! Score: 5).

Not that this should be used as an opinion that you agree with the post or not, but on how useful or well informed the post is.

If the moderators don’t have the time to devote to this, another simpler suggestion could be to put a “thumbs up” or some such icon next to a post that is worth the time to read. Or, allow users to rate the post by a vote of responses.

This perhaps could give more worth to what some people post, allow us to wade through the useless posts, and provide some incentive to contribute something useful to the discussion.

NeXuS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I rate this idea a 0.

Honestly, just let others decided whether a response is decent or not.

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NeXuS:
I rate this idea a 0.

Honestly, just let others decided whether a response is decent or not.
I second that notion because we all know that things that are said on the board should be taken with a grain of salt anyway.