Aspergers syndrome

Nicolas05

Reaction score
As an outcome of this parents and care takers of the Asperger person, they may get plagued in managing with the conduct effects of Aspergers Syndrome. Further times it might still interrupt calm at residence.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have Asperger Syndrome too, I lost my virginity when I was 20, but the girl who took my virginity, she was the aggressor, she was the one that initiated sex with me, we met on Plentyoffish. I know that being a Male with Asperger Syndrome is very tough, it's a torture, Males with Asperger Syndrome have a lot more difficulty getting a date or laid than Females with Asperger Syndrome, since our Culture and Society says that we Men always have to initiate everything with Women.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the OP would be better served with an actual diagnosis by a doctor or even talking with actual sufferers of Asperger's. Anybody can read a couple symptoms and see themselves in it. Especially if you are already looking for an answer in a diagnosis. I can tell you, it is far more intricate than just social difficulties. It is a particular set of behaviors with common triggers.

So what if you have it? Then the real work begins. But at least you have something that helps the world make sense to you and a way to be cool with it. I wish you luck.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, much of modern psychology is BS.

I was once totally convinced that I had a disease called "cyclothymia." My mood was unstable, and it seemed entirely beyond my control. I blamed all of my previous failures on it and, although I took steps to improve physically, I felt very sorry for myself.

Then, I picked up an old book on neurotics ("Neurosis and Human Growth") and realized that my "condition" was no such thing- it was rooted in deep insecurity and the way I was thinking about stuff. It was MENTAL.

When I started to think about things differently, all of the physical "symptoms" suddenly went away and I became "normal."

The point being, coming from someone who was 100% convinced he had a psychological disorder- I don't believe in a lot of this stuff. You can read a ton of symptoms for these so called diseases and see aspects of yourself in all of them.

Play with the cards you were dealt. There's absolutely no point in feeling sorry for yourself.

That goes for short people, bald people, and ugly people as well.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I'm sure there are people who are far from the "norm" and have asperger's and/or aultism. But I also think there's a certain percentage of people particularly males who are naturally and normally introverted and more logic based. They're basically normal in very way, they're just some percentage of the pop. maybe a little less than 25% who are introverted and different socially and probably gifted in other areas.
Probably about 50% of the nerds in Silicon Valley, and IT whiz kids in general fit that description.

Hey Keto- where you been ?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
Unfortunately, much of modern psychology is BS.

I was once totally convinced that I had a disease called "cyclothymia." My mood was unstable, and it seemed entirely beyond my control. I blamed all of my previous failures on it and, although I took steps to improve physically, I felt very sorry for myself.
Psych grads need jobs and an income, so disorders and "maladjustments" are 'needed' in the wider population to this end.
The distress that is caused by false diagnoses and over-diagnoses appalls me.

ADHD is a perfect example.

Carpe.Diem

Reaction score
To understand Asperger syndrome, I think it's important to empathise with the sufferers.

Imagine if human social contact of every kind was punctuated and given meaning by a thousand different facial spasms and ticks that accompany the words someone is saying. Tone of speech and facial expressions as we know them don't exist, so the only way to 'read' situations is by following the exact pattern of these mind boggling, barely perceivable facial movements.

The world would be a pretty different place right? You would be socially inept by default and would take everything by its textbook meaning; sarcasm and people just joking around would be completely lost on you since it would be virtually indistinguishable to normal speech.

I spent a few months volunteering to help socially inept kids, many with Aspergers to read and I find this is the best way for someone to understand how the lives of these people are. Sure, this is a very extreme example, so calibrate it to your own means, but the basic premise is the same.

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
regrettably, most of this forum has it.

Except for Eaglez. He's a chill dude.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have officially medically diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome and while there is academic dispute whether it should receive designation as its own disorder or blended into the broader autistic spectrum, there is no question it exists. Functional MRIs, for one instance, demonstrably prove the fusiform face area of the ventral surface of the temporal lobe on the fusiform gyrus is dysfunctional, resulting in emotional and social blindess, as the ability to visually read and therefore appropriately responding to people's emotional states is impaired. Why exactly the fusiform face area doesn't light up on a functional MRI might not be fully understood but nonetheless there is provable neurological malfunction.

Asperger syndome is not limited to impairments of facial recognition and other characteristics include obsessive repetitions, limited subjects of interest, unawareness of unwritten social rules, vocal volume irregularities. People always think I'm a normal guy but that's because I have spent my whole life trying to identify and master control of my abnormalities -- it's something which will never go away and requires massive amounts of self-awareness.

initiatorhater06

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess the only way for a Male with Asperger Syndrome to get laid is to have the Woman initiate everything right?

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
initiatorhater06 said:
I guess the only way for a Male with Asperger Syndrome to get laid is to have the Woman initiate everything right?
Sweet cop out. You haven't even been diagnosed. Just fix yourself slowly with little steps.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
like what other kind of strange things?
My 32 year old cousin can't fully use his arms or his legs since he was born, but that has never disabled him from doing whatever he wants. He even played soccer(don't ask me how, but he used to) a few times when he was younger. Did I mention that he has multiple girlfriends at the same time and he lines them up for dates?

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of you guys are way off base.

Asking "what do Aspergers sufferers act like", is like asking what people with blue eyes act like. Some characteristics are present, but no two Aspergers sufferers are the same. Some are loud, some are quiet, some dominate groups, others don't want to be involved. Just like "regular" people.

Stop being so bloody prejudiced.

(Btw, I'm a special needs teacher so I'm qualified to comment on it)

blackomen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Psych grads need jobs and an income, so disorders and "maladjustments" are 'needed' in the wider population to this end.
The distress that is caused by false diagnoses and over-diagnoses appalls me.

ADHD is a perfect example.
It seems every time some new psychological disorder is discovered, I somehow meet the criteria for diagnosis. This goes for Aspergers, ADD, Schizoid, Avoidant personality, Sex Addiction, etc.

When you meet the criteria for a dozen psychological disorders, there's only 2 possible conclusions: Something is seriously wrong with you or something is seriously wrong with modern psychology. And seeing how I'm a normal functional person despite it all, I'd go with the latter.