Asking to Prom

Bawb14

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys im in a pretty bad spot right here... its been like a year since i last saw the poussy....and i really need somone to go to prom with lest I appear a social loser who goes with his EX. I like a few of these girls but im not sure wether or not just to walk up and bluntly say, hey want to go to prom with me. My bud is egging me on to just walk up and say it... but im a poussy also i guess cuz i just dont want to... i mean if i ask and they say no theyl know i like em, but they dont, etc etc awkwardness ensues. Should I just walk up and say "prom?" or do i need to do some pre-staging. I'm already anticipating hearing whta I already know... thanks.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never went to prom, no regrets.

K.Pez

Don Juan
Reaction score
prom is overrated, but whatever... i went to a few and they were okay. you have to ask face-to-face. no texting, no calls.

you gotta change your mindset so you can build some confidence: who gives a sh!t if you get rejected? at least you had the courage to try, which makes you better than a lot of other guys! and realize that there are some girls (who are actually very attractive) who haven't gotten asked yet. i knew some girls in hs (8s and 9s) who had to find dates, from other schools, because no one asked them and they didn't know why. because of AFCs who thought they'd never have a chance, that's why.

Don't be an AFC!! get up and put yourself out there. getting rejected won't be as bad as sitting at home while everyone else is at prom, or going to prom with someone that you don't want to go with. if you know who the girl is and she knows who you are, go and ask. go talk to her and after chatting her up you could say something like, "hey, i was thinking that you would be a fun date. want to go to prom with me?" it indicates that your reason for asking is not b/c you like her (even if you do) but is because the two of you will have a kick as$ time together. if you give a girl the opportunity to say yes, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If one of them says no, ask another. The ones who said no won't know if you like them or not if you go with somebody.

Personally I think proms and dances and shyt suck. They don't play enough good music at all and it's like a one-night dramatic experience unless you're in a relationship beforehand.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i too believe prom is overrated...especially jnior prom...but if you don't go..some people like to give you **** ....expensive too...id rather take the girl to my room and we can dance without teachers watching to see if we're doing anything inappropriate...but i see prom as a way to initiate with a girl i haven't gamed yet

i think i'm probably just going to ask if she's going to prom...
USUALLY, NOT ALWAYS

if the girl says yes, and follows it up by saying she has no one to go with...that's her way of saying ask her...if she doesn't mention anything...chances are she doesn't want you to ask her

usually that's how it goes...but by chance she's not very experienced...you may just want to ask who's she's going with rather than if she has someone, less you'll feel bad if she does

Bluesteak

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hear me out on this one, Prom is in no way guaranteed *****. I was left in the dust and went home after prom because my chick went to some dudes' party and of course I wasn't invited.

nikko49

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluesteak said:
Hear me out on this one, Prom is in no way guaranteed *****. I was left in the dust and went home after prom because my chick went to some dudes' party and of course I wasn't invited.
That's pretty WTF. You should have been able to go with her.

Maeisgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you go alone, you might be surprised at how many pretty girls you'll find who don't have dates. I was crowned king and my date left me because she was not for me in the first place, but that night I almost found another girl and we chilled the rest of the night. We basically ended up going out over the summer.

When asking out, you want to ask early enough to get the more desirable ones, but if you ask too early, in like October or something, then you look too eager.