Asking a girl to go out flat

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i am thinking about asking a girl flat out if she wants to go out? what do y'all think about this?

thanks

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't know if anyone had ever done this in the history of man.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you know her pretty well, then do it. What's the worst that could happen? Right, she MIGHT say no. The fact that she will probably say yes (if she's single) should be reason enough for you to ask her out.

Make sure you have some kind of rapport already built with her. I would never go up to a girl I didn't know and ask her for a date right off the bat. She doesn't know anything about you, and you don't know anything about her.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No no no

Ask her to come along with you somewhere, rather than asking her flat out.

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
bvddd.. she is long distance and i want some closure... either we go forward or not.. move destined to failure?

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
bvbidd

so you think i should ask her where we are going next? or is that sound too weak? or just say "let's give it a try"?

MrMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you asking to go out on a date, or asking for exclusivity?

When I ask a girl out, I'm asking her out to go play pool or something. That can be pretty much done flat out. Within a few minutes of meeting her.

Are you asking for exclusivity? That is something else entirely.

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
suggestions

i am asking her to go out, with the real prospect of exclusivity... i am interested in a LTR, and more...

regards,

atldude

dav22

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're having to ask her to go out then you've obviously not got very far in the relationship. Have you kissed her or anything?

darkjedi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
Ultimatums are a turn off. Don't.
This advice is golden. Before I joined this site, I figured ultimatums were the way to go... They're not. What worked for my past relationship was just to keep dating and after a month she asked me to be exclusive. I also noticed that's how many other guys I know hooked up with their woman.

A woman if her interest is high enough will ask "YOU" for the relationship.

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
Long Distance

The problem with this is the fact that it's long distance... and i don't want to "date" if there isn't enough interest to begin with. so basically what i want to know is if i should ask her "if there is anything worth pursuing".

thanks in advance,

Atldude

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she thinks it's worth pursuing, she'll say yes to the date.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
darkjedi said:
This advice is golden. Before I joined this site, I figured ultimatums were the way to go... They're not. What worked for my past relationship was just to keep dating and after a month she asked me to be exclusive. I also noticed that's how many other guys I know hooked up with their woman.

A woman if her interest is high enough will ask "YOU" for the relationship.
It's a double standard but it's true. Sometimes i feel like its total bull****, but i never go against it, because i know better. I've learned from experience.

In the end, we all have to figure it out for ourselves to believe it. We can't just trust some dude on a forum that we've never met in our life.

So, if you want.... try but when you fail, try to learn something from it. Don't go doing the same thing. There's an Emerson quote that says: "All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."

MrMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to know if she's interested in you? Tell her you'll be running through her town to meet an old friend and you'll have a few hours to see her. Ask her to go out on a date. If she says "Yes" and doesn't counter, she's interested. If she says "No", she's not interested. If she counters, well, she's somewhere in between.

A better way to see if she's interested is to see if she'll come over to your town just for a date. Then you know she's really interested.

I don't think you asking her for exclusivity is the way to go.

Atldude

Don Juan
Reaction score
i already did that, visited her at her city , and she agreed to meet up for dinner.. so are you saying i should go visiting her in her city... i also want a LTR, should i make that clear or is that a bad idea

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you feel this girl likes you just ask her out. I've done it a few times and it worked.