As a single 28 year old guy should I move to Manhattan or Miami?

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need a vehicle to live in Florida. Public transportation is dogsh!t there.
Unlike Manhattan, everything is spread so far apart from each other.

There's lots of snobby and pretentious people in South Florida.
Lots of huge ego's running amok, and many guys are flashy and flamboyant.
This type of culture produces a lot of gold digging women.

Miami might be different now, but that's how it was for me when I lived there 14 years ago.
Btw, you need to visit Miami in August to find out how well you can tolerate the heat.
It gets so hot that you could literally bake a pizza out on your balcony.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had to pick one of these M cities to be in a good chick situation, I would pick ... Moscow (and not the one in Idaho, LOL), or one that has lots of Italian chicks, Milan.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a 10 minute drive to work for most of my life. You don't get those minutes back.
A few times I've lived about a mile away from work (i.e., real work, not a stupid teenager job); there was nothing like waking up at 7:15 to get to work at 7:30.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Btw, you need to visit Miami in August to find out how well you can tolerate the heat.
No, you're thinking of Phoenix. However, Miami is a sauna, but not quite as bad as Houston or New Orleans. Also, in Miami, you don't get a yearly season change so that you can enjoy some cooler temps. You could go a whole winter and not get the temperature below a muggy lower 60s.

ChillDude6767

Banned
Reaction score

Miami might be different now, but that's how it was for me when I lived there 14 years ago.
All that stuff is a thin veneer masking a city full of poverty.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both cities don't appeal to me and I wouldn't move their just because it supposedly has hotter women and a dating scene. You're still pedastalizing women. Over the last few months many people I associate with told me how incredibly overrated Miami is and don't waste your time. New York never appealed to me cause it looks like a bigger Chicago

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Both cities don't appeal to me and I wouldn't move their just because it supposedly has hotter women and a dating scene. You're still pedastalizing women.
So what would you do?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Crazy idea...live in 90% of the country where this isn't necessary and you can live comfortably within normal commuting distance and not have to pay 10x what you would pay in those places in rent/mortgage.

I always find it humorous how people in these areas act like this type of stuff is just normal for everyone. No...in the majority of the country it isn't.
Was never a fan of fly-over country, but to each their own. Enjoy. I also wouldn't live in Manhattan, and I paid under 100k for a duplex that is now worth over 225k, so I am not sure why you are generalizing Manhattan prices with other surrounding areas. Don't believe everything you read or hear in the news dude.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
+1

Furthermore, nyc is a democratic feminists hell hole. Not shocking, the women are disgusting. Rent is astronomical and there's no benefit to be surrounded by false rapey accusations. The woman walks in nyc vid that went viral was mostly men saying hi, good morning, and the slightest of pleasantries. A few complimented her. This **** tried to make it rapey.

Who the ****kkk moves there?
LOL. I remember that video. Trust when I say, she enjoyed the attention.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I lived in Jersey City several years. 10-15 minutes tops by train. And the PATH functions much better than the MTA subway since it's much smaller.
I do not know much about NJ, but I hear many people are/were leaving BK and NY for Jersey City. It's like a mini Manhattan across from Brooklyn, just in New Jersey.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I can assure it hasn't change, I have a buddy who lives in Miami and i've been there a few times
It's still gold diggers, still guys trying to show off, only difference now is you got more fat chicks and girls with fake butts

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't live anywhere just to do fun single guy stuff. The reason is because you could just take weekend vacations to do that stuff. There's no reason to rearrange your whole life over it. But that's just my opinion
Agreed. It be ideal if he had a sick job, work remote, and high income from the beach. Miami all the way.

Crush girls on break lol

Sunnypoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Boston, best sports city in the country. A ton of character and close to everything, though I hate the politics.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best looking girls I've ever seen have been along the New Jersey shore. Pt. Pleasant, Wildwood, Cape May. I'm sure most of them ar vacationers but boy, what a sampling of hot chicks!

Toddz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to have a few years of fun before I settle down. I love the fact that Miami is cheaper but I also feel like it would be boring to live there. I mean other than party and going to the beach what do you do there?

I’ve lived in Southern California all my life so I am looking for a nice change. New York seems like it would give me the stimulation I need. But I feel like the cold weather would make getting laid year round difficult. I do however love me some Italian women!!

I am on the fence fellas. Would Miami or Manhattan be better for a single guy looking to just have fun?
Manhattan without question. I lived in NYC for 3 years in my early 20's and had a blast. There's plenty of things to do and women from all over the world. Yes it's expensive, but worth the experience of spending a few years there. Get in, enjoy it, and get out.

You do have to be comfortable with cold approaching though.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to have a few years of fun before I settle down. I love the fact that Miami is cheaper but I also feel like it would be boring to live there. I mean other than party and going to the beach what do you do there?

I’ve lived in Southern California all my life so I am looking for a nice change. New York seems like it would give me the stimulation I need. But I feel like the cold weather would make getting laid year round difficult. I do however love me some Italian women!!

I am on the fence fellas. Would Miami or Manhattan be better for a single guy looking to just have fun?
Miami is a place you go to party for the weekend. Living there would be boring as hell. Other than South Beach, there is nothing there that is particularly interesting or exciting (especially if you don't speak Spanish).

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live 30 min outside of Denver, CO and the women here are hot. People move here for lifestyle and I happen to live in a city which is arguably the fittest city in the US.

BUT, it's gotten very crowded out here in just the last 5 years and housing and cost of living are very high. Still, I'd put Denver/Boulder vs any market in US for hot, very fit and active women.

The "men" here are very blue pill and beta. Most are skinny leg-shavers and really docile. I'm more upper Midwest rough and tumble which gives me a huge advantage.

Denver area is #1 but you'll need to earn at least $100K to have a life here.