Are woman attracted to men that look like/ remind them of their fathers?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
studd said:
Women are attracted to Succesfull Man
now go work on it or pay for women.
:moon:

Studies prove women are physically attracted to men who have similar facial features to their fathers.

Not much you can do to influence it, but it's still an interesting idea worth discussing in terms of the psychology behind attraction.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
carrot said:
Some one payed for those Studies /Research
Uh, no. It's a Freudian theory that dates back to the origins of modern psychology.

You would learn about this in any intro-level psych class or any course on adolescent behavior. This isn't some bozo trying to sell a book.

Plus, females being attracted to a father-figure totally gels with a lot of the Don Juan/ Alpha Male stuff talked about on SS. (Referenced in this article, for instance: http://www.sosuave.com/halloffame/hall305.htm)

You can use a woman's childhood/ upbringing to gauge what kind of men she's attracted to (physically and emotionally). It's called sexual imprinting. Maybe you should research the topic.

mindripper06

Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
:moon:

Studies prove women are physically attracted to men who have similar facial features to their fathers.

Not much you can do to influence it, but it's still an interesting idea worth discussing in terms of the psychology behind attraction.
So girls want to f their fathers? Remind me never to have a daughter. :)

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just reading a book by Kevin Hogan yesterday, and he cited a study in which this was shown to be true.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mindripper06 said:
So girls want to f their fathers? Remind me never to have a daughter. :)
Works the same way with men.

We're attracted to women who remind us of our mothers.