Are there women who like you but won't initiate contact?

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, its weird but I have an example:

I met this 19 years old online. We've been on 6 'dates', banged once, and she hasn't ever suggested a plan/date/meeting, nothing. All these six times it's been me the one to ask her out. Besides, I think I've initiated 85% of the texts we've exchanged.

This is pretty unusual. After a few dates I was expecting her to text me or ask to hang out, but nope, she hasn't even once. I think she's nuts.

annabanana19

Banned
Reaction score
Idk man, it really depends on the girl. Some can be insecure and refuse to initiate any sort of contact after a date. I'm not that extreme, but typically I'd wait first to see what the guy does.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think if she is interested she will initiate.. Depends on how attracted she is to you. One thing that has stood out for me is that girls hate it when you ignore their texts :D

jimmy18

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll probably find that guys initiate until sex happens, after which the girl starts initiating more (or should do so)

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate women for how they have to be attracted to leaders, I have no sympathy for when they end up victims of rape or domestic violence

Meisterman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heisenberg said:
Pulling back and waiting for her to initiate contact only makes sense if you've banged.
I disagree with this. If you come on too strong it just comes off as needy and she will get the vibe that you're chasing her. And the more she knows you like her, the less she will be interested because she wants to be with someone who she esteems as higher than her. An analogy is like reeling in a big fish. You don't just pull as hard as you can and hope you get a bite. Either you won't get Jack sh*t or you'll pull so hard the line will snap before the fish even gets to the surface. You gotta set your bait. Let her see it. But you have to go at it from another angle, make her wonder if you really like her. The more time she spends thinking about you the better. Then when she takes the bait you slowly escalate just like you slowly reel a fish in at first, and then close the deal once you have her where you want her. It will make it seem like she escalated and it just happened like that but really that was your plan all along