are shoes that important

ORTIZ SANCHEZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
have shoes played a role in picking up chicks for you guys i am saying this because recently me and my family are geting really tight on money because were in a bit of debt and my old shoes which cost around $70 are scratched and peeling off and if i want new shoes i might have to but more economic shoes in the $10 $20 area. we might have to cut our internet. i seen posts where they say shoes are really important but i could buy new more expensive shoes but that will put a big strain on my pocket and our debt all for a pair of shoes

Budheavy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't concern yourself with the price of the shoes. If they look good and they match your style and by chance they cost 20-40 bucks then buy them. If someone asks you "what kind of shoes are those?" Smile, be c+f and tell them something stupid like Gucci or Versacci (obviously being sarcastic). Keep them clean and neat and it won't matter.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With budheavy all the way on this one. Just keep them tidy, clean, and it's fine. Remember, most expensive shoes, you're paying for the badge.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a pair of 9 year-old $40 US hush-puppies that get me lots of comments from gals. One gal mentions "how cool they are" just about every time she meets me.

Yes, good shoes can be a plus. But they need not be expensive.

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, shose are important for picking up girls. idiot girls that is.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shoes are important to an extent, I like to wear black leather shoes, cowboy type, but skirts play a much greater role, always wear a bright shirt with many different colors on it so that you stand out from the pack. :yes:

Mr Spitfire

Don Juan
Reaction score
clean/new. Shoes play a role if they suck. They will hurt you. Clean/new/appropriate for the occasion. The bigger issue is socks. Girls like black socks.

Budheavy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kolaking,

I laughed pretty hard when I ready you're reply (I'm wasted). But please do not recommend that our friend ortiz, wear bright colored skirts to attract women. =P

"I like to wear black leather shoes, cowboy type, but skirts play a much greater role."

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No no, bright = bad. It's one thing to stand out for the ladies, it's another thing to stand out and have the ladies think you're not interested in ladies :crazy:

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it really depends on where you go out meeting women, etc...

To me, shoes are very important and they are often the most expensive item of clothing I wear. I usuall spend around £200 on a pair of shoes ($330).

For some reason, when I wear a smoking pair of shoes, I feel more confident. Women LOVE shoes and I think they appreciate a guy who takes pride in his shoes.

But whatever works for you man. If you can't afford the designer stuff right now, just make sure they are newish looking and always clean.

DJ4Life

Don Juan
Reaction score
it has been statistically proven that shoes do play a role in initial physical attraction

wear your shoes appropriately, if its a formal social event dont wear sneakers (duh), etc, and make sure the shoes is always clean

when girls see dirty shoes it's a big turn off for them, they remind them of beggars and bums

so clean your shoes often guys

Reaction score
yes, very important.

you can tell a lot about a person's shoes, male or female.

women who wear high heels, are usually those that have b!tch shields and stuck up. this is a generalization though. and girls who wear sandals, are more 'down to earth' easier to approach.

women can tell...

if a guy has spotless, clean shoes, that gives the impression he's a player and that he replaces women easily. replaces shoes whenever they become the slightest dirty, with a new pair...does the same thing with women, gets a new one every once in a while when he feels like it.

if a guy has old, beat-up sneakers that look really dirty, it gives the impression he doesn't take care of his relationships. sloppy, messy guy who doesn't keep clean in general.

if a guy has old shoes, but they're well kept and still look decent that shows that he can be ltr material because he takes good care of his things.

...i read it in an article somewhere, can't seem to find it. even though those are generalizations, but girls do notice. when i notice a chick checkn me out, she looks me up starting with the shoes. so better make sure they're nice man.

check this, go to goodwill! yeah bro, they got like shoes for under $5 that look really nice and new. i'm serious, you can get some killer deals at goodwill, check it out.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with cheap shoes is that they aren't as durable as the most expensive, but still you can get some nice stylish shoes even though they are real cheap

I usually spend around $60+ on my shoes, because I always fvck mine up real quick, seeing as the last 2 pair of shoes i've had have been brown they mark easy and the marks are noticable

Kuhlraum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always feel different, more confident, when I wear a pair of heavy thick soled boots. I used to wear them all the time when I rode my motorcycle regularly. They made me about an inch taller so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ORTIZ SANCHEZ said:
i seen posts where they say shoes are really important but i could buy new more expensive shoes but that will put a big strain on my pocket and our debt all for a pair of shoes
Shoes don't get you laid and they are not a deal breaker. Its all about your overall presentation and what you do with it. Now if you got debt problem, your first priority should not be looking good for women but getting out of the debt. You are much better off paying off the debt and saving your money for better shoes down the line while in the meantime finding a cheap pair so you will have something to wear.

hydrocodone

Don Juan
Reaction score
as much as you deny it..girls do pay attention to the shoes you wear.i mean look at how many pairs they buy themselves. your shoes dont have to be expensive..just unique or stylish in a way, in their eyes it shows alot about the kind of person you are.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are your average 16 year old punk or your regular college guy, then NO - there is no need to spend $$$ on shoes.

However, if you are in your mid twenties and want to attract better girls than your average college slut, then yes, good shoes (and clothing) is a plus.