anybody smoke weed?

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i ussed to smoke alot and i havent for awhile because ive been trying to be more productive.

but anwyas, last night i smoked again for the first time in awhile, and i was thinking (highdea) really crazy thoughts and eventually became kinda insecure in myself.

lol just wanted to ask if anyone felt the same way (when high)?

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
garruk said:
i ussed to smoke alot and i havent for awhile because ive been trying to be more productive.

but anwyas, last night i smoked again for the first time in awhile, and i was thinking (highdea) really crazy thoughts and eventually became kinda insecure in myself.

lol just wanted to ask if anyone felt the same way (when high)?
Me it's the opposite, I introspect like crazy but in a good way. Most of my self improvement has occurred thanks to, in part, smoking weed.

NeedToImprove

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think i got so used to weed that i dont feel it at all, same with my friends, more relaxed an kinda tired but if i mix weed with alcohol i feel more energized. it really depends on how you feel about it.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes me incredibly insecure, paranoid and awkward. My mind goes blank, I lose my memory and I have nothing funny to say. Not to mention I become really tired and look like a retard.

Love it.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Makes me incredibly insecure, paranoid and awkward. My mind goes blank, I lose my memory and I have nothing funny to say. Not to mention I become really tired and look like a retard.

Love it.
:crackup:

yeah I do sometimes. Its very relaxing but something I dont mix with girls

Radharc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my early twenties i used to smoke and it was ok when I started, progressively paranoia and some real fcked up mental states set in, depression and such. I wans´t ok, eventually I started to avoid it like a real poison. Also gained some great mental awareness during these times, but it had a price.

Some time later, I smoked ocasionally and managed to control the bad effects and take some advantage of the good.

Nowadays when I have it smoke to a point where my body gets so used to it that it barely has an effect besides relaxing me.

Conclusion: weed just enhances whatever you are experiencing, if you are in a bad place, feeling depressed or insecure you´ll get that tenfold, if you are in a good place the same. Also you need some solid foundations where you stand (that goes for a lot of mind altering drugs) in order to control where it takes you.
So in answer to your question: yeah, I felt some really crazy thoughts, insecurity and paranoia. Just go easy man, see how you feel and dont try to take a step longer than your legs. :)

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to smoke a ton of weed since it's legal here and pretty cheap. I retrospective; it helped me to get through a different period of my life, sorta, kinda, I guess. But when I stopped (I did this cold turkey and didn't touch the stuff again for half a year or so. Only recreational now, which means less than 3 times a year), it was like I woke up out of this daze. Over the one or two weeks or so after stopping I felt like I regained more energy and motivation for everything.

Weed doesn't really help in the end, or any substance for that matter. People underestimate it.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey guys, I'm doing something illegal and posting about it in a public forum. There is no way that my IP address can be traced to who I am."

Granted the odds getting arrested about posting that you smoke MJ is really small, it's probably not the smartest thing to do. Of course, if you do live in a place where it's legal, then light 'em up.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
"Hey guys, I'm doing something illegal and posting about it in a public forum. There is no way that my IP address can be traced to who I am."

Granted the odds getting arrested about posting that you smoke MJ is really small, it's probably not the smartest thing to do. Of course, if you do live in a place where it's legal, then light 'em up.
Hahaha wow man. You must be so damn oblivious. You seriously think cops are stalking dating forums looking for people who post about smokin weed? Theres tons of forums dedicated to MUCH worse illegal stuff and nobody EVER gets caught.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^__^ said:
With Bush's Patriot Act, NO forum is safe.
Well, no terrorists anyway. It's laughable that anybody would even think about bringing up "police" in reference to an internet forum. No law enforcement agency would even consider attempting to prosecute someone for stating online that they occasionally use illegal drugs. It's sad that I even have to say that.

OP: Hell yes. I'm already a really insecure guy to begin with and have big trouble making EC with chicks, and it gets exponentially worse when I'm stoned. It's a drug best used by oneself, for many people. You're not alone.

BigJimbo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed is the solution for middle-America's male population. Hell, life in America is such hell for the typical average male that he needs a remedy. You grow up being told that you can reach incredible heights. You believe that s---. Until you hit reality. You end up (if lucky) with a house in the suburbs surrounded by fat neighbors, a fat mortgage, a fat middle-aged wife, fat kids, fat car payments, a fat boss who has a fat wife who will fire you in an instant if you messed up his order of fatty food, football with fat friends watching fat men run around chasing after an odd fat ball, bbq with your fat wife's fat friends, mega strip-clubs with fat strippers and even fatter patrons, and mega-churces with fat preachers and the fattest women you can imagine in the pews. Add massive amounts of guilt and you get why you must use poison to live in America.

Don't even let me get started with the British. You guys only wish you could leave the island that you come from.

I would pick on the French, but their culture is healthy enough to allow for men to be old perverted fools who have unhealthy smoking habits. Hell, the French celebrate such men. In America gayish "correct" men are your role models (George Clooney and Brad Pitt).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-NhUk_voc&feature=related

dnscache

Don Juan
Reaction score
So much truth in this thread.

I smoke nearly every day. But it hasn't always been that way...

At the beginning of college (Junior now), I smoked every day, nearly all day. Then I had my first panic attack. I was like totally nuts for 2 hours, thinking the world was going to get me. I spent the next year with pretty awful anxiety, swearing on life to never smoke again. Well, I dedicated myself to curing the anxiety, and it sort of just disappeared all at once about a year later. (Wow, I'm just amazed thinking about it now).

I got a xanax prescription just because I could (although I never took it because of the highly addictive nature of benzos). After 6 months of no anxiety, I decided to give weed another shot and popped a xanny right before smoking in case something went wrong. I had a great time, and was right back at it again, except with a brand-new perspective and ability to handle any fear during it effectively.

Now, let me say a few things to all you stoners who have never had a panic attack:

1. No matter WHAT (can't emphasize this enough), if you are only high on weed and think you are dying YOU ARE NOT. PERIOD. NO EXCEPTIONS. Weed is 100% safe as far as dying goes. Sure, there is debate about long term effects (I disbelieve those), but that does not apply to dying from it in any way. I have a heart problem, and look at me now - running triathlons, marathons, etc.
2. If you do have a panic attack, that's all it is - a physical phenomenon that happened from smoking just the same as feeling relaxed or uncontrollably giggly happens. You are NOT crazy, and there's no reason to even really contemplate. Just laugh it off, this is THE KEY TO SUCCESS with anxiety. Treat it like it's your b*tch, give it no attention, and it will dissipate like the nothingness it is.
3. Never start Googling. This was my main mistake... I was freaking out and started reading anecdotes from people who were just as un-knowledgeable as I explaining how their lives were ruined and other bull****. It's not true, these people are just scared and trying to find advice.

Okay, that was one heck of a tangent, but I just never want anyone to go through what I did when it's so easily avoidable.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
I went through a psychosis stage last summer due to smoking cannabis. I felt like the whole world was after me. I started thinking these irrational thoughts. I destroyed the SIMS card from my T-Mobile phone because I thought the government could track it. Whenever I watched TV, I thought they were talking about me (schizophrenia side affect). I went to the airport because I was losing my patience and I wanted to go home as soon as possible. The security called the Port Authority to come get me and they asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital. I agreed and they bought me to the nearest hospital. On the way to the hospital on the ambulance, the paramedics asked me a couple of questions. I was calm one moment, and then the next moment I started to think these paramedics were actually part of the government and they were going to kill me. And because I was big on conspiracies against the government (Illuminati, NWO, and etc...), my psychosis was NOT pleasant at all.

Anyways, I was hospitalized for like 4 days. I was released and went back home. Those nurses/doctors put me on some heavy drugs to the point I don't remember my flight. The last thing I remembered was laying on the bunk in the hospital to waking up at home. They prescribed with some medication, and I took it once. Those drugs left me INCREDIBLY weak the following day and I stopped taking it. I recovered from my anxiety and paranoia about after a week. I feel so embarrassed whenever I have these flashbacks on last summer. The humiliation my psychosis did to me in front of all my friends. SMH....No time to look back now. It's all about today, the present.

Speaking about today; the present. I started smoking weed again in April (9 months break of smoking weed from last summer). Now, I'm actually feeling good. It's not as bizarre as it was last summer. I may feel minor paranoia if I see cop cars or around people I'm not comfortable with. Now, I feel great. I listen to music and have a good time, use it for spirituality and to overcome my insomnia.

Just remember, don't use cannabis for stress. If you use it for stress, then you'll become mentally addicted to it to the point where you're only answer to defeat stress is cannabis (which I did last summer). Truth is, it only made it worst. I know cannabis is not an addicting drug, but I was mentally addicted to it. It actually made my stress worst. Be in control of cannabis; Don't let it control you. Before smoking weed, just make sure you're in a good/healthy state of mind. Like Radharc said, prior of using cannabis while sober, you'll experience it 10 times while high/stoned. If you're depressed and use it, then you will be depressed while high/stoned 10 times worst. If you're confidence, happy and healthy while sober; You'll feel confidence, happy and healthy ten times better while high/stoned.

Just don't get carried away, and enjoy yourself. Think about the present; Not the past and not even the future.

Radharc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn´t mentioned panic attacks because the OP didn´t specifically mentioned them and I thought there was no point in scaring anyone. :) Even though I know its a fairly common experience.

It´s the most horrible experience I have ever had, and maybe one of the worst someone can ever experience. It´s like reality just collapses and you feel like you´re either going to die or go insane. This went on for monts, hour in hour out... but after a point, you hit rock bottom and are still alive, progressively you start to be able to pause for a while and start to take a look into the darkness and eventually you rebuild yourself into someone who can deal with the irrational fear.

I don´t wish it on anyone, but at the same time I value having been gone trough it and managed to emerge on the other side.

I might as well leave this link here, its a very helpfull site to anyone who has to deal with this, in case some guy around here goes trough this:

http://www.anxietynetwork.com/pdhome.html

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some people dont want to realize it but smoking weed causes depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I personally know a few people after getting really high and having a bad high, they now deal with depression, anxiety and panic attacks in their everyday life. you can overcome it, but you got to take care of it as quickly as possible.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thedude4242 said:
some people dont want to realize it but smoking weed causes depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I personally know a few people after getting really high and having a bad high, they now deal with depression, anxiety and panic attacks in their everyday life. you can overcome it, but you got to take care of it as quickly as possible.
whoa what? smoking weed causes depression, anxiety and panic attacks?

BULLSH1T....

Some people who smoke weed are depressed, suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. But wait!!! Many more people who dont smoke week are depressed, suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. Soooo?

Dont just make random claims and try to pass it off as facts.