Any readers out there??

Cappy da pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
what about The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald? 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell are also great.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by earthshyne
Neil Peart: Traveling Music
Bill Bryson: A Complete History of Everything
Marcus Borg: Reading the Bible for the First Time
Paul Theroux: Sunrises and Seamonsters
Hey...what did you think of Traveling Music? I love his books, Ghost Rider was incredibly inspiring to me and Traveling Music was good just to get an insight into his life. Masked Rider is next on my list!

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Foundation Trilogy by Issac Asimov

As well as any of his Robot Novels starting with I Robot. The movie wasn't bad but it obviously slapped the name and Asimov references on there (Susan Calvin, 3 laws of Robotics) as a commercial move. Other than that, it seemed like the same old robots gone mad story (and it was before they changed the movie's name from Hardwired). Read the original book for Asimov's story.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On principle i refuse to read the Da Vinci Code, because in general, real popular books i do not enjoy. If you liked War and Peace read a Day in the life of Ivan Denisovitch and Cancer Ward by alexander solhenzysityan or whatever.

Nikolai Gogol's Dead Souls is awesome as well. Crime and Punishment, Les Miserables,

Joe Simpson - touching the void

David Eddings the Magician is like a king of books.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Layla
Fight Club was great, I think I'm going to pick up haunted. Did you read the whole thing?
I did read haunted competely. Some parts of it are like a car accident... make that TRAIN WRECK, horrible horrible things but at the same time you can't put it down after you start reading. It's a damned good book that portrays some of the more sickening parts of human living.

idiot_boyfriend

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Catch-22" is my favorite. Orr's a freakin' genius.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not much of a reader, but in school we had to read The Great Gatsby, and I thought that was actually pretty good, though I usually dislike most of the books we have to read. I'm a fairly slow reader (not cause I'm dumb or anything, I just read slow) and I find it difficult to thoroughly understand and enjoy most older novels, which is basically all we read in school.

If I didn't have school I think I would read a lot more. I don't ever really get a chance to read anything for pleasure during the school year because I'm always forced to read whatever book I need to for school, or I have other school work, work, or sports to do. And I'm not the type that would read two books at the same time. So basically, the freetime that I do have I would rather spend doing something else. And during the summer they assign you books to read, so it can occassionaly be difficult to read books on your own then. However, it is easier, and I think I may check out some of the books you guys have mentioned, as they sound quite good.

Reaction score
while I was in jail I read a book called Shadowrun and apparently theres more than one book and the book is really really good! Check it out!

Sugar Bee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Naked by David Sedaris

full of sarcasm, hilarious

The Confederacy of Dunces

New Orleans bizarre story
Author commited suicide
Won Pulitzer Prize