Any of you players ever use Neil Stauss's 5 question game? It works great

YoExGirlzN199@

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've Used it, and its a great ice breaker in a bar approach or online chat. Here's how you Do it.

Ask the target at a bar if she wants to play a game, and If she wins you will buy her a drink. She should ask you what kind of game? Tell her all she has to do is answer 5 easy questions and get them all wrong. She should say okay let's play.

My first question would be what holiday is on 12-25? She should say something like Halloween lol. I would smile and say okay,

what colors are the American flag? She should say something like pink, black. And green lol. I would say cool lol. What is 1+1? she should say something like 37 hehe. I would say wow you're too good lol is this game too easy for you or what?

She should say yea it is why don't you step it up a notch. I would say lol i just won!!! After this she is all yours to get to know

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Might not work for everyone but seems like a really solid idea for an icebreaker.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've started developing a little more respect for Strauss lately ever since reading Emergency. He has pretty solid stuff, and he isn't as much of a glossed over wimp that he used to be. Kind of like me.

blueline

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really. If she's interested, she's going to look friendly and I'll say 'hi.' The most fail proof ice breaker I know is asking for a cigarette. If she goes away, you still got a cigarette. If she sticks around, it's almost like you're obligated to shoot the breeze with her because she did you a favor.

YoExGirlzN199@

Don Juan
Reaction score
The asking for a Cig to break the ice is basic. I think the 5 ? Game works better, because they get to interact with what seems to be a fun person, and if you start a relationship with her she will tell all her friends how she met you. It sounds a lot better than telling her friends how you walked up to her and asked her for a smoke.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, this is too gimmicky, it reeks too much of being a pickup device.
Also, if she answers that the game is too easy, but in doing so she loses, that means the game really wasn't too easy for her. Which means she answered it wrong. Which means she didn't lose. Does that mean she won? Uggh.

I don't deny some guys are good with this kind of stuff though.

Johnnyventana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait until you see the look on the face of the chick who's already been scammed this way.

Echoes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnnyventana said:
Wait until you see the look on the face of the chick who's already been scammed this way.
Yep.

This is bound to happen to you eventually. Can you say awkward?

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YoExGirlzN199@ said:
The asking for a Cig to break the ice is basic. I think the 5 ? Game works better, because they get to interact with what seems to be a fun person, and if you start a relationship with her she will tell all her friends how she met you. It sounds a lot better than telling her friends how you walked up to her and asked her for a smoke.
Like the other guys said, it sounds like a gimmick. This isn't how real people talk. It's how people who spend years reading PUA material talk.

I don't smoke. But I know far more people who have met over a smoke than who have met over corny pickup games.

And really, if a guy is too nervous to walk up to a girl and talk like a normal grown man, he's not gonna be confident enough to pull off some weird 5 questions game. Or pull it off and somehow still sound like a cool person.