any guy here tried the free dating site Plenty of Fish ?

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
I literally got into this online dating thing a few days ago. Maybe it's just "beginner's" luck but I don't see why it gets such a bad rap around here. I already have 2 coffee dates setup and I'm e-mailing back and forth with 2 more girls right now. I guess, I'll find out if their pictures were deceiving when I meet them, but so far these chicks seem to be of decent quality.

It's not bad at all so far considering how little time I invested. I ripped off my profile from something I read here, I put up a few pics and then I sent cut and paste messages to a bunch of girls. Most of them didn't respond, but it's going alright with the ones that did respond.

It seems to be a really good way to play the numbers game. You can literally "approach" 20 girls half an hour to 45 minutes.
What cut and paste messages seem to be working for you?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually met my fiance off of plentyoffish... ya I'm cool I know!

She's pretty hot (she models), is very relationship oriented/devoted, smart, and gives great head and loves getting phucked like a dirty whoore. She even took a chance on dating me back in the days when I was stripping fulltime, did drugs frequently, partied a fair bit, and was quite man-whorish. I consider myself pretty lucky finding her as most of the girls I've met on there weren't that attractive.

I'm a pretty horny guy so I have pretty low standards for what I stick my weiner into, but really high standards for girls that are "relationship quality"... I think I got at least some form of action (meaning my cack in at least one of their holes) w/ at least 80% of the girls I've met on POF.

In my experience, if you're attractive and in great shape, have a photographer take promo/modeling pics of yourself w/ your shirt off. All my pics were promo shots as I didn't really have any other pics at the time. Assuming you're on that site to get laid, these pics will really help your chances. If you're not in shape... then get in shape... it makes getting laid A LOT easier.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I made one, and I got 3 messages from really big women which was kinda discouraging, but i realized one thing as well, I get panic attacks when composing a message too :S albeit not as bad as when trying to cold approach...

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lorekeeper said:
I made one, and I got 3 messages from really big women which was kinda discouraging, but i realized one thing as well, I get panic attacks when composing a message too :S albeit not as bad as when trying to cold approach...
You can't wait to get messaged on these online dating sites. Any half decent girl is going to be flooded with a bunch of messages every day. If a girl has to message dudes, chances are she's a serious minger. Online dating isn't much different from real life in that it's the guys that have to initiate.

I just do a search for girls who are online/logged on recently, see which ones are attractive and then I send out a bunch of cut and paste messages. I might make a couple of changes here and there, but basically, that's it. You have to make the subject line something witty/funny in order to get their attention, otherwise it'll just get deleted.

Why so nervous? You'll never see any of these b*tches in real life if they don't like you. You can't "invest" in any of these girls since most of them won't even respond anyway. Just play the numbers game, message a sh*tload of them and see if any of them get back to you.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
chances. If you're not in shape... then get in shape... it makes getting laid A LOT easier.
This needs to be repeated more often. Seems to me game/personality/confidence is about 50% and the other 50% is looks.

Women are just like men, in that they lust after a guy who is physically fit. I have known countless dudes in my life who are clueless about how to game women, but get laid simply based on their looks. They don't have to do st!t, basically they could just stand there and women would walk up and blow them. I exagerrate, but not much...

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
You have to make the subject line something witty/funny in order to get their attention, otherwise it'll just get deleted.
Nah. I think i even saw in some study somewhere that women usually read the profile before they even read the email. They may then not read the email if they're not into the profile.

I don't have any problem getting replies. It might not end up going anywhere, but they reply a good 90%+ of the time and RARELY do i get "unread deleted" and i don't go out of my way to make a witty subject line.

J.F. said:
If your profile description is too long (takes more than 20 seconds to read), it will be ignored.
It'll only be ignored if it sucks. I get complimented on the quality of mine all the time, and it's relatively long. It actually has a pretty clever flow. Just the other day I got an email that started as "wow reading your profile was like a breath of fresh air. Its nice to have someone actually show a little personality. And you succeeded on getting a few legitimate "lol's" out of me." Girl's like an 8.

People don't mind reading if they're being entertained and like what they're "hearing."

Good advice though if you can't write and aren't witty.

J.F.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
You can't wait to get messaged on these online dating sites. Any half decent girl is going to be flooded with a bunch of messages every day. If a girl has to message dudes, chances are she's a serious minger. Online dating isn't much different from real life in that it's the guys that have to initiate.
Actually, I've been messaged by some really attractive girls on POF, though admittedly it doesn't happen every day. True, hot girls get flooded with messages, but 99% of these messages are from guys they would never consider dating (i.e. creeps, retards, perverts, etc.) That leads the more assertive/proactive types to take things into their own hands.

If you are somewhat better than average looks-wise, in good shape, and have good photos, sites like POF can be a pretty good resource (it's certainly more effective than cold-approaching).

J.F.

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
It'll only be ignored if it sucks. I get complimented on the quality of mine all the time, and it's relatively long. It actually has a pretty clever flow. Just the other day I got an email that started as "wow reading your profile was like a breath of fresh air. Its nice to have someone actually show a little personality. And you succeeded on getting a few legitimate "lol's" out of me." Girl's like an 8.

People don't mind reading if they're being entertained and like what they're "hearing."

Good advice though if you can't write and aren't witty.
Sure, one chick (who probably has too much time in her hands) liked your profile, but how many others never even got a chance to sample your great sense of wit because they looked at that wall of text and said "f*ck it, I'm not reading all that"? Personally, I simply don't have the time to read lengthy profiles, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I might quickly skim it if the girl is hot, but I'm definitely nor reading the whole thing.

Ever heard that less is more? It definitely applies to online dating. All you need to say about yourself can be said in one paragraph. Besides, you don't want to give too much away - it would be difficult to ask you questions and carry a conversation if your entire life story can be read in your profile. Long profiles are for people who can't express themselves in a concise manner.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:
This needs to be repeated more often. Seems to me game/personality/confidence is about 50% and the other 50% is looks.

Women are just like men, in that they lust after a guy who is physically fit. I have known countless dudes in my life who are clueless about how to game women, but get laid simply based on their looks. They don't have to do st!t, basically they could just stand there and women would walk up and blow them. I exagerrate, but not much...
I don't think its fair to give a percentage to looks/personality. The two go hand-in-hand though... if you're in outstanding shape, you'll probably be more confident and this can lead to have a more appealing personality. From my years of stripping, I can tell you that women are DIRTY! Many like sex even more than we do! Being in shape makes a huge difference. When you're in shape you're also gonna be able to phuck better, toss the girl around, hammer her hard, etc etc. In my experience, girls love being sexually dominated and used for sex.

This forum totally overcomplicates stuff w/ the DJ bootcamps, all the crazy techniques that people post, etc etc... Hooking up w/ women is ALL about sex! Now women have a more multi-faceted definition of what is considered sexually attractive, but a lean muscular body and good sexual ability/technique are central in what they find hot!

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SoCalMike said:

Above is one girl who emailed me from CL, face cropped to hide identity. She said, and I quote "I'm totally cute, just not skinny"
Haha, that's hillarious.

If she says "I'm in shape"...hint, you don't know what shape! Round is a shape too.

In her mind, I'm sure she's very cute.

It's best to find gals that are active, find gals that run marathons, go hiking, etc. Most of these gals show pics that are full body, active. Meet those gals!

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:

I just do a search for girls who are online/logged on recently, see which ones are attractive and then I send out a bunch of cut and paste messages. I might make a couple of changes here and there, but basically, that's it. You have to make the subject line something witty/funny in order to get their attention, otherwise it'll just get deleted.

Why so nervous? You'll never see any of these b*tches in real life if they don't like you. You can't "invest" in any of these girls since most of them won't even respond anyway. Just play the numbers game, message a sh*tload of them and see if any of them get back to you.
Very good advise, the only thing different that I did was actually write messaged taylored to the gal. I included things I noticed about her profile, etc....that way, she knows I took to time to read the profile.

I think that increases the response rate.

Also, if you do get a response, don't waste a lot of time messaging back and forth. Go for the phone number quickly. It shows you are serious about meeting her.

You both have seen each others profile, no sense in beating around the bush. If she responds, she's interested.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just made a profile after reading this thread. Talk about easily swayed by public opinion!

I decided to do a search in boston where I lived before for 23 year old white chicks and came up with over 300 that were "athletic". I broaden the search radius here to 25 miles and do "any" and come up easily with half the number total for an age range of 20-35.

anyway, wish me luck! hooraaah!!

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Preliminary search is done..not too many thin/athletic girls here.

Anyway question for ya'll (as in you all): What is the general consensus on girls who don't post pictures? I assume they put they were in shape in their profile, but does leaving out the picture lead to a propensity to lie? What have been prior experiences with this? I ask because a few of the profiles actually made me chuckle a bit, but I don't feel like playing this game with some fugly liars.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "sexiest user" voting is just a marketing ploy. I checked my account today and saw that I was voted the sexiest user as well:crackup:

I don't bother with women that don't have pics. I once had a blind date chick describe herself as athletic online only to have her turn out to be a 300 pound beach whale :nono: You should try to get at least 1 full body pic as well because fat chicks love to trick you by posting head shots only.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
The "sexiest user" voting is just a marketing ploy. I checked my account today and saw that I was voted the sexiest user as well:crackup:

I don't bother with women that don't have pics. I once had a blind date chick describe herself as athletic online only to have her turn out to be a 300 pound beach whale :nono: You should try to get at least 1 full body pic as well because fat chicks love to trick you by posting head shots only.
Right, know how the camera angles hide the fat. I guess its to be expected people lie online...

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
I just made a profile after reading this thread. Talk about easily swayed by public opinion!

I decided to do a search in boston where I lived before for 23 year old white chicks and came up with over 300 that were "athletic". I broaden the search radius here to 25 miles and do "any" and come up easily with half the number total for an age range of 20-35.

Best of luck, fishing! :cool:

Note of caution..some gals are just sneaky. You'll get an email, that you've been added as a 'favorite'. So, you log onto POF just so see a gal that you find it's a gal that's...less than attractive.

That's how gals operate there.

With POF, you need to seek out what you want. Discard the BS and distractions..basically, go get em' tiger!

J.F.

Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:

In online dating parlance, "athletic" usually means that she's got the body of a sumo wrestler (sumo wrestling is a sport, right??) I suggest you search for women who describe themselves as "thin".

synergy1 said:
Anyway question for ya'll (as in you all): What is the general consensus on girls who don't post pictures? I assume they put they were in shape in their profile, but does leaving out the picture lead to a propensity to lie? What have been prior experiences with this? I ask because a few of the profiles actually made me chuckle a bit, but I don't feel like playing this game with some fugly liars.
No picture means that she's either a beast, married, on the run from the law, transsexual, or all of the above. You have been warned!

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
P.O.F has a shockingly high number of single mothers. Maybe it's just in my area, but the quality of women on OKCupid seems to be WAY better. I've only come across one single mom on OKCupid, but she was damn fine. I didn't message her though.....single moms have too many issues.

There are less people on OKCupid, but it seems to attract higher quality women. I don't know about all age ranges, but I search for 20-27 year old women, and the vast majority of them are college students, college grads or grad students. There are fewer trashy women on there. The site in general is better designed too. I think it was created by Harvard grads.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go over to POF and read this guy's profile ( screen name below)..Read his update after his first date.

HE sounds like he might enjoy So Suave- Mature Man style.

His username is - picard244

Last edited:

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
scorpio1138 said:
most of them also claim "average" or "athletic" body types and are nothing of the kind.

I hate that.

Some of them with a few different pictures have some really bad ones. It's hard to believe they don't realize a bad picture of themselves...(most of us have bad angles)
I was just on pof before visting here. I rarely even check it anymore. However, when I looked today, i noticed that the girls who post "average" have been lied to, lots.