Any good way to avoid answering questions about work and living?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No Im not concerned about disappoint girls because of my income or work its just that I approach and deal with so many girls that its boring for me to repeat it all the time especially when I meet new girls not aware of my field.

I tried the "actually Im an internation terrorist" line from the movie nighthawks which make them laught but after few minutes they restart again, altought I would have no problem in saying "mind you own fkn business" I realize that such choice would cost me potential laids.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats not so easy, the problem is that my answer leads to other question related to that field thanks to tv and stupid movies with no connection to reality.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
The girl should be doing most of the talking. Always try to redirect the conversation to be about HER. Let her expose all her secrets while you hide your own.

I've always been really good at this because I HATE talking about myself. I have nothing to be embarrassed about. My job, income and living situation is good, but I just hate talking about myself to girls.

So when women ask me questions, I answer them with one quick sentence, then say: "How about you?" Once she starts yappin' about herself (which is what she really wants to do anyway) she forgets about the question she asked me until much later. And when it comes up again, I just change the subject. Example:

HER: "Hey so you never told me about what your job entails. What do you do all day?"

ME: "Well.. its a lot of paperwork. BTW my friend just told me about this really nice lounge that just opened. We need to check it out."

I once had a girl tell me after dating for 6 months: "Why do we always talk about ME? I barely know anything about YOU!!"

Kawai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be proud of who and what you are. This shows confidence. If you have a cool job, definitely put it out there, but don't brag about it. I have a job that sounds cool on paper but really isn't nearly as cool (think James Bond, Jason Bourne). I simply put it out and it always creates some sort of reaction.

Just like mentioned above, find out what she does and take interest in it, ask questions, throw some funny twists on it to make her laugh. If she's a Barista at Starbucks throw her number my way so I can get free coffee.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
Kawai said:
Be proud of who and what you are. This shows confidence. If you have a cool job, definitely put it out there, but don't brag about it. I have a job that sounds cool on paper but really isn't nearly as cool (think James Bond, Jason Bourne). I simply put it out and it always creates some sort of reaction.

Just like mentioned above, find out what she does and take interest in it, ask questions, throw some funny twists on it to make her laugh. If she's a Barista at Starbucks throw her number my way so I can get free coffee.
James Bond and Jason Bourne almost get killed on what seems like a daily basis. Jason Bourne's GF got shot in the head in the second movie. If I was a chick I would find that job terrifying hahaha.

Kawai

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
James Bond and Jason Bourne almost get killed on what seems like a daily basis. Jason Bourne's GF got shot in the head in the second movie. If I was a chick I would find that job terrifying hahaha.

:crackup: This is very true. I can't stop laugh'n man. Yeah, well, when you tell'm "danger is my middle name" they can't resist.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will usually tell them very quickly, followed by "but I don't like to talk about work, I think about it enough when I'm there". Which is the truth, I don't like talking about work. When I'm off, it's time to play. I like PlayHer Man's suggestion to redirect the conversation back onto her.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I second PlayHer Man's comments.

I don't think you can avoid the job talk 100%. Have a one sentence short answer ready and use it. Then change the subject (preferred) or say "And you?"

I hate talking about myself. One, I'm modest/humble. Two, its not easy to explain what my job is about.

I think the c&f method to tell her you're a "shoe lace re-tipper" or some other ridiculous thing to be funny and evasive is silly. It's a turn off to professional women.

Rather than give my work title, my one-liner is to say that "I work for a company that does xyz." Sometimes it's easier and simpler for her to know what your organization does (in broad general high level terms) than explaining exactly what YOU do for them.

Plus it leaves her room to wonder where you are in hierarchy. Does he sweep floors or is he a manager?

So you don't avoid her question, but you still retain some mystery without lying.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: What do you do for a living?

You: You know, my job's kinda dull, the only reason I do it is because of the obscene amount of money they give me.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You: I don't tell people what I do.

Her: Why not

You: I want people to judge me for who I am not the money I make.