Any coffee drinkers around?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's probably no problem, especially in moderation, but in the US coffee is considered a drink for adults. Kids seem seem to prefer sugary soda over coffee.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys sound like god damn drug junkies. It almost sounds unhealthy, and maybe you should give coffee a break for a while.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
You guys sound like god damn drug junkies. It almost sounds unhealthy, and maybe you should give coffee a break for a while.
Huh ?

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Von Neuen
I work at a Starbucks, but I'm hooked on Cumbre by Juan Valdez. It's got a great, complex body full of sweet nuttiness. It's damn near perfect; the best coffee I've tried so far.

What's your favorite blend?

Bought this at Wally-world on your recommendation and I have to tell ya it's really ,really good stuff. It has a tinge of orange peel which doesn't hit until after it's been swallowed.

I'm diabetic so I have to be careful. I throw in Splenda and some half n half. . .

POW! Like a punch in the mouth!

I'm like a crackwh0re jonesin' for my next fix! I'm smoking a wonderful La Gloria cubana with my current cup.

Cheers to you for the recommendation!

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really like coffee that much, i have tried drinking it before but i don't know, tea is better i think. I would rather drink water or juice.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OzyBoy
I don't really like coffee that much, i have tried drinking it before but i don't know, tea is better i think. I would rather drink water or juice.
That was exactly my thinking before I learned to drink coffee, before I found out that so many people treat it as a sensory experience. ("Full-contact coffee" anyone?) But I learned how to taste it, what to taste for, and all the other minutiae involved in taking simple sips of this dark elixer.

If you're interested, I can give you some information about taking your coffee drinking further. It's really simple to make the jump from "drinking" coffee to "tasting" coffee, I promise!

Just drinking even one sip of coffee a month with total focus on the core components of great coffee, I'm starting to notice more in everyday food and drink. Cheese has "mouthfeel" and I can pick up on the acidities of different apple juices. I can pick out some of the different flavors in a Subway 6" Turkey on Italian Herbs and Cheese.

What good will it do me in the long run? Probably none, but any skill that makes a pedestrian experience a little better can't be a waste of time.

likon

Reaction score
My favorite is Javaberry. It can't be compared with Starbucks because of really good coffee taste and flavor. So rich. Saturated.
As for children I'm sure that we have no right to give coffee for them. Coffee is a pleasure for adults.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Folgers has some new gourmet coffees out, but I still like the 8 o'clock coffee better.
8 oclock has been my coffee for over a decade.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In addition to the 8 o'clock original, they also have French Roast, Columbian, and Hazelnut. Which one do you like best? I hope you buy the whole bean kind and grind it yourself. Pre-ground coffee is awful; the regular folgers ground tastes like they run the entire coffee bush through a wood-chipper, stems and all.

likon

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Folgers has some new gourmet coffees out, but I still like the 8 o'clock coffee better.
Is Javaberry considered to be the gourmet coffee? I mean is "gourmet coffee" is a term or any good coffee can be named "gourmet"?
I advise to taste Javaberry. It istill seems to me fantastic!
It is really fresh and has deep flavor. Its taste is unforgettable.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
In addition to the 8 o'clock original, they also have French Roast, Columbian, and Hazelnut. Which one do you like best? I hope you buy the whole bean kind and grind it yourself. Pre-ground coffee is awful; the regular folgers ground tastes like they run the entire coffee bush through a wood-chipper, stems and all.
i like the regular best, french is ok. i dont like hazelnut at all. i but whole bean, but grind it in the store. put it in the freezer to stay fresh sometimes.

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
At Starbucks - Venti non-fat Pumpkin Spice Latte w/whip (fall/winter favorite)

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
white cloud 8 said:
At Starbucks - Venti non-fat Pumpkin Spice Latte w/whip (fall/winter favorite)
starbucks coffee tastes too hot and sometimes burnt to me.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
turkish coffee if served correctly. if not, i throw a hissy fit. i think i still confuse the girls that wait on me. they seem to walk on egg shells when they are serving me. i make sure that the waitress doesn't leave me when i take the first sip. if it is acceptable, i blow her a kiss...if there is too much grit in it, i point to the kitchen.

when i am away from my little piece of heaven i usually can't find decent turkish coffee. what up with that?

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/14072/img_0019.jpg
an actual coffee stop for the SparkyExpress! double coffee is kinda a fancy version of starbucks for places with beautiful but poor girls that love my jazzy western ways. the baltic states and ukraine have them. they serve a variety of turkish coffees as well as all sorts of "american" type of foods. beats the hell out of "starbucks". if i get coffee i want to be served. starbucks is way too expensive for me. i feel like a peasant boy in starbucks. come to think of it, i feel like a peasant boy in practically every western setting.