Annoyed when women call me by my last name

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: while at a party, i casually told a girl who always calls me by my last name that i prefer going by my first name. she said she'd call me that from now on. wasn't sure if she'd remember because we were pretty drunk.

since i saw her today she's been calling me by my first name, and even corrected herself a few times when she called me smith.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
Update: while at a party, i casually told a girl who always calls me by my last name that i prefer going by my first name. she said she'd call me that from now on. wasn't sure if she'd remember because we were pretty drunk.

since i saw her today she's been calling me by my first name, and even corrected herself a few times when she called me smith.
Way to go! Keep on training them.

Yotsuya-san

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you military? Are these chicks military? If so, I can understand. Rank and last name is generally all you know about a lot of people's names (unless you give them nicknames). But I do know that in the white collar world and other places, a lot of people conciously affect calling people by their last name (even when first name basis is not deemed inappropriate and is the norm.) as merely a quirk. Probably they're going off what they see on TV shows and want to inject some edginess or eccentricity into their persona.

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
In my circle of friends, I tend to get called by my last name. Unfortunately, being referred to by my last name so much as carried over to the female members of the group and some others as well. I would much rather go by my first name. I feel like when I'm called by my first name I am taken more seriously and probably more attractive to that person.

Am I wrong to feel this way and to have this hunch? Or should I embrace being called by my last name? I mean, it's not a silly nickname or something, just the second half of my birth name. I really just don't like it though. Feedback is appreciaited...
If you don't want women calling you by your last name, just ask them to call you by your frist name instead. What's so hard about that.