An interesting trend I've notice with Gen Z males and how this may shape society

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5,000 years and counting thus far, and not once has anyone's Apocalyptic fantasy come true, despite many Apocalypses having come true
The relevant number of years is 26,000 and we are at the end of the latest cycle. That is the main factor driving society, not the attitudes and behaviors of the latest batch of betas.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
The relevant number of years is 26,000 and we are at the end of the latest cycle. That is the main factor driving society, not the attitudes and behaviors of the latest batch of betas.
The world was apparently cold, dry, and inhospitable 26,000 years ago. All the more reason to be grateful that it's warm and hospitable today

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some manosphere circles propose dropping out of the workforce. I disagree (dropping out of the workforce is going too far).

The top 20% of men (for the most part) will want a beautiful woman. They don't want a Plain Jane. The Plain Janes will end up throwing themselves at the other 80% of men if enough men drop out of the dating market.
Soon a lot of folks will be pushed out the workforce whether they like it or not. UBI is coming I give it less than 10 years, also add to the fact that nearly 1 out of 3 Americans will lose their jobs to AI by 2030

So many men are focused on chasing women but how many men over the age of 30 can say they have full year's salary in their savings? How many can say if their car engine car broke down they could buy a new car or a new engine?

I'm not saying women shouldn't be a focus but to many folks in these RP spaces are worried about coochie when they live check to check. Struggling to make ends meet yet want to date a IG MODEL or think they deserve a smokeshow. The reality is life doesn't work like that, and no amount of redpill cognitive dissonance will fix it. The stock market just had it's hardest crash in 4 years, the perfect time to buy a dip, yet no men are posting in the "Wealth and success" forum since Thursday and to me that is very telling. This is why MGTOW is a joke, the world is burning but cats so focused on women and coochie

Can't make this up

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people have opted for liberal arts degrees, which frankly aren't going to turn into anything that's wildly successful anyway, and that's because anything easy (liberal arts degrees) is going to have less value necessarily.

Why so many men in the US have stopped working
Liberal Arts easy? I was a History major and was constantly writing papers and doing research, more so than most other majors.

Sure, it's not engineering or Biochemistry, but still tougher than communications, marketing and criminal justice.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

EndlessNameless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Soon a lot of folks will be pushed out the workforce whether they like it or not. UBI is coming I give it less than 10 years, also add to the fact that nearly 1 out of 3 Americans will lose their jobs to AI by 2030

So many men are focused on chasing women but how many men over the age of 30 can say they have full year's salary in their savings? How many can say if their car engine car broke down they could buy a new car or a new engine?

I'm not saying women shouldn't be a focus but to many folks in these RP spaces are worried about coochie when they live check to check. Struggling to make ends meet yet want to date a IG MODEL or think they deserve a smokeshow. The reality is life doesn't work like that, and no amount of redpill cognitive dissonance will fix it. The stock market just had it's hardest crash in 4 years, the perfect time to buy a dip, yet no men are posting in the "Wealth and success" forum since Thursday and to me that is very telling. This is why MGTOW is a joke, the world is burning but cats so focused on women and coochie

Can't make this up
I strongly believe that all of this is symptomatic of the fact that a lot of men nowadays have no real purpose in life and cannot find a "why" for their existence.
They make women their primary goal in life, mistakenly thinking this will make them happy.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
I strongly believe that all of this is symptomatic of the fact that a lot of men nowadays have no real purpose in life and cannot find a "why" for their existence
We can lament that we now longer live under feudalism, where everyone's roles we're rigidly prescribed, OR we can get grateful that we're now free to pursue whatever lives we desire

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
The game is rigged against people who are lazy and don't want to put in any work, wanting things handed to them in day 1 that have taken people 10 years of busting their ass and blood, sweat and tears to get.

When you think you should be handed everything and if you aren't the game is rigged, it's a problem with the person in the mirror. Work ethic doesn't exist by and in large with Gen Z which is why I will have a job until I am 95 if I live that long and want to work
To be fair, the mindset you're describing has been the bane of American thought since The Counterculture of The 1960s infected our cultural bloodstream with it. In all eras prior, it was a given that "The System" was always bound to be flawed, and that rectifying said flaws required that we identify them, then do whatever needed to do rectify them

It was only in during the latter half of The 1960s that a substantial portion of Americans started believing: "The System isn't simply flawed, by virtue of being designed by imperfect humans... It's rigged AGAINST me and everyone within my demographic, therefore I SHOULD not have to help myself in the most basic ways. Those whom I label my oppressors need to become paragons of virtue, BEFORE I make a move"

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The stock market just had it's hardest crash in 4 years, the perfect time to buy a dip, yet no men are posting in the "Wealth and success" forum since Thursday and to me that is very telling. This is why MGTOW is a joke, the world is burning but cats so focused on women and coochie

Can't make this up
Actually, you just did. The S&P 500 falling 4% in a month is not even a crash, let alone the "hardest crash in 4 years". If you don't know the S&P 500 lost 18% in 2022, you shouldn't be revealing your ignorance like this.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
To be fair, the mindset you're describing has been the bane of American thought since The Counterculture of The 1960s infected our cultural bloodstream with it. In all eras prior, it was a given that "The System" was always bound to be flawed, and that rectifying said flaws required that we identify them, then do whatever needed to do rectify them

It was only in during the latter half of The 1960s that a substantial portion of Americans started believing: "The System isn't simply flawed, by virtue of being designed by imperfect humans... It's rigged AGAINST me and everyone within my demographic, therefore I SHOULD not have to help myself in the most basic ways. Those whom I label my oppressors need to become paragons of virtue, BEFORE I make a move"
Sorry but when there is a "flaw" if you aren't allowed to be on your phone for 45 minutes out of every hour at your job instead of actually doing work then the problem isn't with the system it's with the person who is lazy as fvck and still wanting to be paid for it.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry but when there is a "flaw" if you aren't allowed to be on your phone for 45 minutes out of every hour at your job instead of actually doing work then the problem isn't with the system it's with the person who is lazy as fvck and still wanting to be paid for it.
Yeah, as I've written elsewhere, I agree that there are a few policy changes* worth pursuing which would benefit men who are on the lower rungs of the socioecomic ladder slightly more than everyone else. As I believe you're implying though(and I agree with you on this), once those opportunities are made available, folks will have to help themselves by taking them, instead of retorting "But The System...."

If there's a crisis in modern day America, it's one of motivation more than anything

*Specifically: Ending a drug war which disproportionately locks up men, Abolishing most forms of state aid in favor of directing folks into legit work, and making vocational training in the skilled trades more readily accessible than it currently is

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

GoodMan32

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well-said.

At my job, we aren't permitted to use our phone, even to get updates on a dying relative. Why? Because too many bozos act the way you described. So our bosses felt the need to enact a blanket phone ban.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I’m not responding as much to you with this as I am to the sentiment in general being argued on both sides of this quote.
….

The idea that dropping out of society , or that things are not worth thinking about and taking measured risk to achieve, is either the personification of insanity or entitlement, it’s really that simple.