Am i different?

Cile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not really sure how i look in other peoples eyes. I am really quiet in school, smile rarely and over all im an ok student. All i notice is that a lot of people look at me, not really sure if in a good or a bad way. I really cant tell if im good looking or but ugly because i seem to be a bit of both. Also very few people approach me and every time they do i get the feeling they feel sorry for me because im so quiet. It might be all in my head but it just seems that people find me weird. Anyone else experiencing this? Im ok with being a loner but the strange behavior of people towards me makes me feel like im very different. It also ****s up my confidence so i find it hard to talk to a girl im interested in.

NotaGoatLover

Don Juan
Reaction score
....how about getting some friends?.....

It's not healthy to not be social.....

Cile

Don Juan
Reaction score
its not too easy to make friends for me. I always feel that people will screw me over and that they are not truly a friend. Thats why i know people in school but i dont hang out with them. I guess i just have a mental/social problem.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I know how you're feeling. Making friends is not easy for me as well - people just aren't too accepting in high school. Most seem reluctant to make friends with you.

Try joining teams - that brings people closer together. Or clubs. Basically any place where socializing is a must. It helps.

saki

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have any pics? Maybe we can give you some honest input with how you dress, hairstyle, ect..

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey... I understand what youre going thru. Ive known a lot of kids like you. From what I gather - you are quiet, but in a very non-threatening way, so people take a little notice and come and talk to you sometimes.

TonyTheTigerOI or AJGOI on AIM. Use it.

DonCharlie24

Don Juan
Reaction score
totally bro, man in highschool, theres a group for everybody, the preps, the "gangsta's", the goths, the punks, so on and so forth, just find ur group, but personally the best one to be in, is all of them, i hang out with them all, its a good way to stay connected, besides, no one girls is the same, so it kinda works out

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're friends with the goths?! I have lost almost all respect for you.

^^I'm an example. Stay away from goths.^^

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, post a pic (ones that weren't taken with a cell phone are always nice)

Cile

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant post a pic because i dont really have any way to do it. I dont own a cell phone because i dont need one even though you are expected to own one in hs today. For me, standing out has never been to difficult but when i was younger i wanted to fit in. As i got older i realised i never really fit into any groups so i stared going my own way. My clothing is pretty much average meaning im never flashy but im not a bum eather. The only things clothing wise that set me apart are my addidas soccer classics and my ferrari formula 1 hat i got durring a race last year. I guess the hat draws some attention since no one else in school has the same sort of thing. Im originally from europe so i look a little different than the average american. Other than that i really cant judge weather or not im attractive because its hard for me to tell weather peoples reactions are good or bad. I mean they eather stare because im ugly or because im cute. For the most part i like to observe people in my class, and im so quiet i get labeled as eather a mute or some dumb kid in a corner. The fact is i may not be the smartest kid in school but overall i think im a lot more mature than most of the people in school. I dont laugh at stupid gay jokes or jokes centered towards substitutes so i guess most people see me as a cold person.

BoDyFrICtioN

Reaction score
I dont hav many m8s cos i find most people r to happy and babyish and laugh at the stupidest things. I also dont really chat 2 ne1 but im quite intimidating so if ne1 FuX wit me they no ill kill em. Dont no if that really helps at all..

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont have many good freinds just 2 and the rest are just people i talk to in school. I feel i could put more effort in to make freinds but that there is know one that would really want to be good freinds with me other then the few who im already good freinds with. This is with guys, funnily enough with girls i have the feeling theres a lot i can easily talk to and be good freinds with!

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
i dont have many good freinds just 2 and the rest are just people i talk to in school. I feel i could put more effort in to make freinds but that there is know one that would really want to be good freinds with me other then the few who im already good freinds with. This is with guys, funnily enough with girls i have the feeling theres a lot i can easily talk to and be good freinds with!
every single post you make is about yourself.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I use to be pretty quiet too. But then I made an effort to talk to more people. Then the people that I thought were fags/losers and all that I started to like more. Just make an effort to be more social.