Alphas - Good heart or no heart?

BraddH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As we know, alphas are the typical not give a **** tupes. But I think alphas has a very warm heart inside them right? I don't think anybody can be a complete person by thinking only of himself. If he has no compassion for others, he is simply selfish.

Last edited:

namthebabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
er.. why not?

i don't see how confidence and compassion are mutually exclusive.

user name

Banned
Reaction score
yeah the alpha would be the first to save the baby from the burning building whereas the weak beta would be too scared (read selfish) to bother or worse - he would have been the one to start the damn thing (Mick Philpott).

Azar

Reaction score
Its not black and white like that. Nothing is

CrimsonPanther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you are confusing alpha traits with jerk traits.
alpha = natural leader (with all the qualities of a leader)
beta = follower (with the frustrations, and limitations of followers)

an alpha is not careless, he is independent, dominant, and in general a protector. he is the main man, and he knows it, he knows others know it, so he feels no need to show off. a leader does need validation for his actions, doesn't care about it, but being a careless jerk is actually the beta trait.
the betas need constant validations from others, make excuses to be clingy, manipulative and in general they are those who are more selfish.

that said, alpha, beta etc are just labels. no need to jump on them every time, and labeling everything with the greek alphabet. it is a stupid way to live.

NewJack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its more useful to study actual men's lives than to study snapshots or thumbnail sketches.

There is no 'alpha' as of course you know. Its just a category someone made up.

Generally you will find high levels of social functioning (e.g. those shown by 'alphas') are impossible without some level of heart-connection to people in general. The more sociopathic types concentrate on external status markers while leaving a bad taste in the mouth of most people they deal with. So a confused onlooker could class both these types as 'alphas' but no one who knows them would actually put them together in the same category. My opinion.

mbas44

Don Juan
Reaction score
NewJack said:
Its more useful to study actual men's lives than to study snapshots or thumbnail sketches.

There is no 'alpha' as of course you know. Its just a category someone made up.

Generally you will find high levels of social functioning (e.g. those shown by 'alphas') are impossible without some level of heart-connection to people in general. The more sociopathic types concentrate on external status markers while leaving a bad taste in the mouth of most people they deal with. So a confused onlooker could class both these types as 'alphas' but no one who knows them would actually put them together in the same category. My opinion.
I agree with this. Also, to lump people into two seperate categories is absolutely obtuse. theres billions of men in the world. I guarantee that even the most "alpha of alphas" has days where they act somewhat "beta" or whatever you want to call it. Also, what may appear to one person to be "alpha" may to another person not seem that way.

BraddH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And Manu times it is just out on inagination, our own mind games playing us. We project the other as high value, hence he is being projected as 'alpha'. But I'm sure he takes a **** everyday just like every person on this earth. Like everyone has bad sides or weak sides, alphas has too. They are too scared of being a follower.