All Relationships Come to an End

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny thing about relationships, at the begining it can be like a fairy tail romance where everything you ever wished for and desired actually occuring before your eyes, you are feeling on top of the world and thinking stright ahead to a bright future.

Fast forward to a couple months or years, you see yourself heartbroken because she left you, you started to see all the signs pointing to the wrong directions and you cannot stop this relationship from going under. That fairy tail romance you were once dreaming about came to a complete stop, you began questioning yourself, life and why did it happen, whether it was your fault or hers and you want to start getting back on your feet, get better, feel better and look for a new relationship and hoping that the next one will be "it", and you will be settled for life.

The thing is that often there is no such thing as the "it" relationship. Sometimes its beyond your control when a relationship deteriorate and you are standing there helpless and try to fix it but to no avail. Every new relationship is a new experience and should be a different experience as well. So what if you love this woman for 3 years and then it ended? Just know that you had a good run at it for 3 years and that time has passed you by and when it ended it was good for both parties to look for other things in life. The past will stay in the past and you should cherish it but you got to move to a new segment in your life and cherish every relationship you ever encounter and know that even if it ends, the time you spend with someone cannot be forgotten or replaceable even if things did not end up working out.

There is a time limit over a relationship, its here today and gone tomorow, nothing is forever and nothing stays healthy for a long period of time. People change and so are their priorities and desires. The only thing constant in your life is you. Don't let past and ruined relationship dictates how you fee about yourself. You should define how you feel about yourself and remain true to yourself no matter if you are in a relationship or single. In the end the only person you can count on is yourself. Therefore you should accept the loss and instead of focusing how bitter you were left because of it, you should be happy that you can now look for another relationship and another experience. Forget about Forever Happily Ever After Crap - It doesn't exist in our world. Maybe you will find that special someone that will stick with you until you die, but if you don't then know that at least you did your best because youv' tried. If you don't try then you are just wasting time. So go on out there and start meeting those women and don't worry about the future and happily ever after, just take things day by day.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post full of hope...nice one.
What do you expect? A happy ending?! There is no happy or bad ending, everything ends at some point in life and you need to accept that. You can't say you feel more passionatley in love with a woman after a 10 years relationship as oppose to the first year of the actual relationship. In the end you grow old and if you can still maintain a happy relationship it won't last long either because you will eventually die or she will.

I guess some people just want to believe that love actually exists?! it exists because people believe it exists. In reality its a complex emotion of a very high interest in someone else and that high interest will eventually go down and will not be in the same level as it was from the begining of this relationship.

I guess some people want to live in a fantasy the rest of their lives and keep chasing that fantasy. That is why the majority of the people out there, end up having a misreable relationships because their expectations are too high and they do not know how to maintain a relationship for the long run.

If you don't like this post then maybe I should write something melodramatic that will cheer you for the day " Love is a special thing, there is a soulmate for everyone out there. Once you fall in love you are complete, its the greatest feeling in the world. As you grow old together, the love between the two of you will blossom and grow as well. When your life cycle ends, you will both go into heaven and live happily ever after in each other arms, in love for ever" - Excuse me while I go get a kleenex and wipe my tears of joy away!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY!!

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good mindset

My current philosophy

Do the best you can, let your desire and not the fear from the past or ones in the future dictate your destiny.

Take the best and enjoy the journey with her

Kaine

dearsappho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was actually being serious DJDamage...

Fact is every arrangement is temporary in this life, but sometimes emotion clouds our vision somewhat...albeit temporarily.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was actually being serious DJDamage...

Fact is every arrangement is temporary in this life, but sometimes emotion clouds our vision somewhat...albeit temporarily.
My Bad dearsappho, it sounded like you were being sarcastic. I would expected that someone would give out a negative response to my post because it focuses alot on reality as oppose to fantasy.

Guys don't have a deep and long fantasy as girls with the whole marriage thing and making kids (Guys may want but it has to come with incentive such as good sex ). Guys usually tend to fantasize on something more basic and more real like fvcking a hot chick all night long. When we fvck we embodied all our fantasies and emotions into that one act because we are so focused and driven as to fvck her and reach orgasm that the whole world can blow up for all we care. Once the act is done our logic should be back into place and we need to focus more on the reality that whats done is done, it cannot be repeated and tomorow does not gurentee you would do it again. Accepting this would help cure you from allot of heartache and suffering down the future.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
What do you expect? A happy ending?! There is no happy or bad ending, everything ends at some point in life and you need to accept that. You can't say you feel more passionatley in love with a woman after a 10 years relationship as oppose to the first year of the actual relationship. In the end you grow old and if you can still maintain a happy relationship it won't last long either because you will eventually die or she will.

I guess some people just want to believe that love actually exists?! it exists because people believe it exists. In reality its a complex emotion of a very high interest in someone else and that high interest will eventually go down and will not be in the same level as it was from the begining of this relationship.

I guess some people want to live in a fantasy the rest of their lives and keep chasing that fantasy. That is why the majority of the people out there, end up having a misreable relationships because their expectations are too high and they do not know how to maintain a relationship for the long run.

If you don't like this post then maybe I should write something melodramatic that will cheer you for the day " Love is a special thing, there is a soulmate for everyone out there. Once you fall in love you are complete, its the greatest feeling in the world. As you grow old together, the love between the two of you will blossom and grow as well. When your life cycle ends, you will both go into heaven and live happily ever after in each other arms, in love for ever" - Excuse me while I go get a kleenex and wipe my tears of joy away!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY!!
This is true in a literal sense, however there can be a lot of good things that happen before THE END. It's not that cut and dry.

For example, when a healthy baby is born does s/he just die immediately? He grows into an infant, then a toddler, then a brat, a tween, a bigger brat, a teen, an young adult, a middle aged adult, an older adult, an even older adult, elderly, an old fart, a senile old fart and sometime after that comes death.

What I'm getting at is relationships have phases just like people. Relationships change with time as do the people in the relationship. However understand that the relationship evolves as how the people do. If the individuals evolve negatively, so will the relationship.

So the answer to this possible problem is simple. Expect change and be active enough in your life to control how you change and impact your relationship. This goes for both people in the relationship.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always look forward to see your posts DJD.

Could the next tip have a happy ending please?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could the next tip have a happy ending please?
They say a pessimist is often an optimist with experience. This one is a happy post because it focuses on being happy and positive even when things don't go your way. By accepting that things you have no control of as being a part of life instead of trying to control them and recieving a devestating blow, you will be much better of in the future.

When you enter a relationship don't expect the relatioship to end because its a negative thinking as a matter of fact you should not have any expectations at all. It takes some time until a relationship matures itself and trying to rush it and thinking ahead will not yield you the desire expectations. Therefore if you take things slowly and become a realist instead of fully following your fantasy, if things end up going badly, the world would not seem if it just collapsed down on you

For example if a woman cheats on you with another guy, most guys tend to blame themselves, blame the woman and blame the other guy. This is devestating and counter productive thinking because it will just lead to anger, frustartion, despair, sadness or a complete and total melt down where the guy will end up doing something stupid. You need to know ahead of time that cheating is part of life and that it can happen just like death from a car accident (Many cultures especially our own in North America choose to focus too much on life and try to avoid the topic of death as much as possible. When death occurs everyone close to the deceased tend to be in a state of shock and despair. If people were more willing to accept death and be more spiritual instead of avoiding it until it happens, the death of someone close will not be as devestating)

Admitting to yourself and being honest with yourself that this relationship did not work out, you need to get out and find other relationships that will. As well as making yourself a better man by educating yourself is a good mantra to have.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because, at the end.. after all, we ARE alone. It's not bad, or good. It just is.

They say a pessimist is often an optimist with experience.
Words to remember.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is sad, I'm outta here...

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You missed one fundamental point of relationships, DJDamage. I wonder if you can work it out?

Interesting post, but missed the mark.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well this tells you to ACCEPT situations and know that when they happen, it's out of your hands and out of your control. So we should be quick to go "such as life" and move on. Which is true, but you don't make mention of the fact that with each failure and bad thing in life, brings about a HARDER way to feel actual faith in being with someone.

Things seem that much harder and it seems that more and more callouses are formed as we get older. We continue to get bombarded with crap that goes on in our lives, until it forms you into a beat up person feeling grateful to have been in a relationship longer than X months/years.

Sometimes it's hard NOT to be afraid you'll be alone, or be cynical about relationships. Because we just learn more and more in life about the unpredictability of them and of the fact that the whole love/soulmate thing is an ideal fit for a dream world, not for the real world.

In the end, we see the BS, we see the crap and garbage and refuse to put up with it. In the end, it's hardly easy to have hope in something when you've seen it fall apart and not work so many times in the past.

Not trying to sound so depressing and pessimistic when it comes to life and relationships, but I'm definitely saying it shapes you and has you able to deal with situations that come up, with STRENGTH.

sometimes we are fortunate enough to find someone equally interested in us as we are in them. and the relationship is able to work for you two without the problems many of us go through. that it does work out in the end, and you two are able to have a great life together. those things do happen, but more times than not.. it doesn't come easy or without a price.

good post all the same, it's cold truth is hard to admit to, but at the same time it helps shape you into a more mature, secure, confident person. At least, it should.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is essentially the realist point of view. But as life is, it's all about experiencing, you can't just say relationships are futile because...all of them end. If they were truly so futile, hell, people would have learned by now, and you and I would not exist.

However, even though most, yes most, relationships end, you gotta take something out of it, it's a learning experience. You're setting up for the number one stunnah that you'll end up picking up and then marrying (if you do choose) for the rest of your life.

Btw. Murphy was an optimist.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are tons of relationships that are really over. But wuss boys don't have the pants to face it and continue searching for happiness. Yes, they are still in the relationship, but not happy.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
There are tons of relationships that are really over. But wuss boys don't have the pants to face it and continue searching for happiness. Yes, they are still in the relationship, but not happy.
Very true. It's the fear of not having someone else to be with that keeps them with the girl they've already lost.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This hit home really big to me now.

I have a bad feeling about a relationship I'm in. But I do really love this girl.

I just need to take it day by day.

I totally agree about not feeling bad for too long about a relationship. It's far better to remember the good instead of the bad ending.

Some things are meant to happen.

I have to admit though I really love this current girl, maybe more than any of the other girls I've ever dated. If I can make it work I will.

If not, I will probably come back to this post. It helps put things in focus.

BootsOfEscaping

Don Juan
Reaction score
->>

I just got out of a 6 year relationship and am doing my best to thing logically about how I should feel now. I have my good days and bad days, its hard not to think about what you lost and the time you spent together etc, but really as Tony Soprano would say "What are ya gonna do?!"

My ex still calls me and tells me she loves me. She was the one who wanted me to leave. It boggles my mind. The simple fact is, women are crazy.

dannyegg4575

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BootsOfEscaping said:
I just got out of a 6 year relationship and am doing my best to thing logically about how I should feel now. I have my good days and bad days, its hard not to think about what you lost and the time you spent together etc, but really as Tony Soprano would say "What are ya gonna do?!"

My ex still calls me and tells me she loves me. She was the one who wanted me to leave. It boggles my mind. The simple fact is, women are crazy.
She does it cause she feels guilty and that there are sentiments in the relationship for you two being together for so long. do not get worked up about it... women do that all the time. They don't think with their heads like us guys do. They think with their emotions. If their emotions aren't feeling anything for you, then just move on.