AIMing a girl

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering about AIMing this girl from I school. Long story short, I think any sort of communication would be good (I talk to her, but not as much as I'd like). I just don't want to appear desperate and someone once said that you should never Instant Message a girl [you should let them contact YOU first, if you want to talk online]. Well...I think that's kind of stupid but I follow the advice anyway. Is it okay to talk to this girl online (as in, I start the conversation), as long as we don't talk TOO often on the internet?

Yeah, I might be overanalyzing but I don't want to come off as a desperate dude

Last edited:

Asesino

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it'd be okay to chat with her thru AIM. But don't do it all the time. At school, talk to her if you got extra time.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AIM...i hate it...but yes i use it too unfortunately to talk to girls i don't have much time to talk to. I really don't think it's a good idea to be on AIM for too long (yet i still do). And just ask her for her screen name IM her then next time she's on let her say hi first.
good luck

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I forgot to mention this, I've actually talked to this girl online before. From listening to you guys, I think it'd be okay to AIM her maybe once a week. Am I right?

Of course, this is only a small detail to think about. I'll talk to her at school as often as possible.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im sure you couldn't hold a conversation with somebody about this topic... You know why? Because nobody cares and it doesn't matter!

New Direction

Reaction score
I've found out from experience that AIM should be avoided. Instead of chatting on AIM go have fun so you can have something to talk about next time you see the girl.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In today's society, everyone (at least where i live) is using AIM.

Be truly busy so that you aren't on that often, but when you're sitting around bored, i figure why not?

AIM, when used correctly, can be a great way to reel in that girl you rarely talk to anyways. For people i see daily, i find that it's hard to keep talking about stuff because you know you'll see them soon anyways. I've used AIM to get a couple chicks more interested, and to set up dates etc. It's handy as calling a girl can be weird if she didn't give you her number, wheras over AIM, it's not uncommon for people to "chat" before they know eachother that well.

Don't, however, spend all day waiting for her to get on, IM her the second she appears online, and jump into deep conversation. Keep it upbeat and joke around a lot.

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
talking online is so pointless that it doesnt require discussion in the don juan discussion forums and you should just do what ever the hell you feel comfortable with.

youre wondering if theres any rules to talking to girls online.

It's so dumb, that it doesnt deserve or have rules.

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rules with AIM? Not realli. I WOULD however recommend you not to talk to her the second she comes on but...

FUKC AIM!!!

It's realli bad for you, honestly. It makes you a social nerd because you wont know how to read body language, give out the right body language, deal with awkward moments and all those wonderful things when talking with a REAL person in REAL life. And for the 50 trillionth time on this site... words are only 10 percent. Its the body and the tone that matters!

Its a good first step for the crazily, hyperly, unbelievably shy DJ, but move on to REAL talking after a week or two of AIM-ing.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the record, I know AIM isn't anything close to "the real deal." I only use it at night because that's when I'm doing my homework (so I just leave it on). That's what a lot of people at my school do too...and it's not a school of nerds. Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, and Warren G went to our school...so did a bunch of other NFL players. That should tell you a little about the outside influence...:D .....not really, actually but I wanted to brag about my school.

Neoblaze

Reaction score
i have to admit it AIM converstations are different than personal(face-2-face)conversations,for instance,i'm ****y and funny online(you get to think about what to say),but when its up close,i could get nervous, and i hate when that happens,especially with attractive girls( thats when i get nervous as hell),but i gotta remeber to flirt and be c&f,so yea,aim coneversations differ from up close conversations