AIM or whatever (chatting)

R4dianeclipse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it even worth trying to get good conversation on the internet with a girl who you don't really know? Each time I try to talk to a girl and make good conversation on AIM, it ends up that I am asking a bunch of questions making statements and getting horrible responses like "Oh yeah huh" and then nothing else. Either it is just the fact that we don't know eachother too well or I'm just going about it wrong. Any ideas what it could be?

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i usually dont start conversations wit girls...but if they talk to me, ill try to keep them entertained...jus dont take yourself seriously on AIM and youll be fine

EdHunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
superchill89 said:
i dont' know, i'm sure it works, but i personally just hate talking online except to people who i know very well. i'm the opposite of most people who think talking online is easier, i actually think its a lot less awkward and more natural to talk in person.
I agree....because so much of our communication is nonverbal... all of the little body language hints, facial expressions, subtle inflections with voice, posture...none of those can be communicated, except with the most banal of emoticons.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girl that i dont know recently added me on msn, friend of a friends, and we've been chatting loads lately and having fun and interesting convo's. So ye it's possible, think you might just be going about it the wrong way.

Sachiel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I realized through the little amount of training I've had that it's MUCH harder to talk to a girl on AIM or online than it is in person. In person, you can see her reactions, place inflection in your voice, and most importantly, initiate KINO.

-Sachiel, DJ in Training