AIM Block or Delete? Your opinions?

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a month since I've talked to my ex and I've totally refrained from contacting her but in the past couple days I noticed she's been signing on AIM and all I know was that around Christmas she was supposed to get a new computer. It looks like she has it set up now and when I see the screenname I think of her.

So I don't want to play games with away messages she can read or stuff like that but should I just delete her name off my buddy list or block her? I feel kinda pathetic asking this but hey, maybe some else had a similar question. Thanks.

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Save yourself the anguish and delete her. "E" and "X" are the middle two letters of NEXT.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just delete her name from your list. Blocking her after several months seems childish and petty. Who cares if she reads your away message? She's your ex!

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I deleted her name. I feel lot better than having it blocked and sh!t like that. It's funny since it's like I haven't talked to her this whole time and now her screenname starts popping up all of the sudden. I sure as hell don't need that as a reminder now.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I've gotten the AOL names of several girls that I've been in relationships with from them while we were dating; whenever things end (as they always do), the first thing I do is to delete those names from my buddy list. No sense in looking at the past every time you and she are online.

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've blocked my ex who knows how frigging long ago and she still indrectly (read: passively) contacts me from time to time. For example during christmas I received a text message of merry christmas. Though I received it much later since I had better things to do.

Then I was loading up my spam email account to clear out the spam, and noticed that there was a 3rd attempt to get me to join this free SMS program for telephones. I received the first one a while ago and laughed about it. Now there's a 3rd? Hilarious.

You blocked her? Good for you! Now don't give it a second thought.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just deleted my ex's. Blocking her seems childish and not to mention would prove that you obviously have some issues with her still. So regardless if you do or don't, just delete her name. Although, be aware that if you're still hung up on this girl you need to commit yourself to not having anything to do with her, so no checking up on away messages, no away message games, etc.

I feel like a nerd now for writing that.. but oh well, lol.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would just get rid of instant messaging all together after reading thread upon thread of guys like you guys doing all these techniques to avoid ex's or past girls.

Email programs nowadays have a thing called a "Contact List" so you can collect emails and send them out to whoever you want selectively. And if a girl you don't like sends you an email, you can just simply ignore it.