Aging playboy needs some guidance

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP I commend you, this is one of the most poignant threads I've seen here lately, it shows a level of objectivity worthy of introspection. Your saying "I feel isolated" says a lot.

You also mention work & projects are expanding, so this is what I can offer.

What is your passion? Is your profession your true love in life?

It may or may not be, but what is your main passion? Whatever it is, pursue it.
You seem to be at a point where you are starting to realize that all the party chicks & strippers are just gravy, the real meat & potatoes is what/who you are. Whether it's your business or some other artistic endeavor, embrace it. The dividends will be tenfold if you strive to be a pillar of your passion.

For me it has been music. I've been a part time musician thru my whole life, and now that I no longer have a day job, I can invest my energies into something that I love so much I'd do it for free, as I have for many years, only now I make money at it, forge friendships with like minded artists, and expand my social world.

I even worked at a strip club so I understand what you've been thru with those type of women. None of that compares to the satisfaction of being known for what you are and what you love. There are so many teachings in the original archives of this site that preach the importance of self, and that all the external stimulation is all secondary.

In it's simplest form you can ask the same question you did when you were a child,
What did you want to be when you grew up?

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
How am I supposed to care for others when I've been a lone wolf all my life?
By no longer conceptualizing yourself as a lone wolf, and building a strong social circle, filled with folks who enrich your life. You can even start to hone your Alpha/Guy-bossness, by starting a men's group of your own

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
38 is around the age where your body starts giving you subtle hints that you aren't as young as you think you are and then at 40 it starts sending you the messages a little more aggressively.

Doesn't mean you can't still do most of the things you want, it just means that you have to spend more time recovering and doing things to minimize the messages it sends.

I'm heading towards my late 40s and still work my ass off training and probably am in the best combination of jacked/lean in my life but I definitely have to put a lot more time into recovery, sleeping properly, nutrition and ensuring I don't injure myself during my workouts than I ever have before, and still am usually dealing with some sort of nagging pull/tight spot, knot, etc.

It's just part of aging...perhaps you are starting to feel that a little more now, which means you are in tune with your body which means you will be able to do a lot more than most at working around and preventing the worst of it.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man I understand you, im 36, turning 37 this year and I feel i am getting older. I used to kill it when i was in my 20s. I know alot has to do with not putting as much effort in but still it felt easier in my 20s thats for sure

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I cannot encourage you vigorously enough to not simply listen, but to also apply everything offered in the above. Your thinking sounds extremely depressive
A friend years agos recommended this book. Thanks for reminding me of it. Admittedly i own it but have never read it

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
38 is around the age where your body starts giving you subtle hints that you aren't as young as you think you are and then at 40 it starts sending you the messages a little more aggressively.

Doesn't mean you can't still do most of the things you want, it just means that you have to spend more time recovering and doing things to minimize the messages it sends.

I'm heading towards my late 40s and still work my ass off training and probably am in the best combination of jacked/lean in my life but I definitely have to put a lot more time into recovery, sleeping properly, nutrition and ensuring I don't injure myself during my workouts than I ever have before, and still am usually dealing with some sort of nagging pull/tight spot, knot, etc.

It's just part of aging...perhaps you are starting to feel that a little more now, which means you are in tune with your body which means you will be able to do a lot more than most at working around and preventing the worst of it.
The era of transhumanism we're now entering will allow us to repair alot of that wear and tear

Causes for rejoicing are within our grasp, if we chose to not be obtuse to them :cool:

Chow Mein

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man I understand you, im 36, turning 37 this year and I feel i am getting older. I used to kill it when i was in my 20s. I know alot has to do with not putting as much effort in but still it felt easier in my 20s thats for sure
What’s up, brotha! I remember your journals on here.
I was always in LTR’s in my 20’s and early 30’s so I never got to experience the hunt. Entering my late 30’s, I feel I’ve been much more successful than I’ve ever been in my life attracting and keeping the attraction.
Maybe those that weren’t monogamous and lived the player life in their 20’s/30’s might see a drop-off. I’m having the best times of my life right now.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Fairly recent thread here

And many others demonstrate that age isn't nearly as much off a barrier for men as it is for women. Hell, as both Tanner Guzy

https://www.artofmanliness.com/styl...t-398-should-a-man-care-about-how-he-dresses/

And, more recently, this fella

Have noted, looking and acting TOO young can actually hinder a man's success. Not just with the ladies, but life more generally

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fairly recent thread here

And many others demonstrate that age isn't nearly as much off a barrier for men as it is for women. Hell, as both Tanner Guzy

https://www.artofmanliness.com/styl...t-398-should-a-man-care-about-how-he-dresses/

And, more recently, this fella

Have noted, looking and acting TOO young can actually hinder a man's success. Not just with the ladies, but life more generally
Rollo talks about this a bit. He mentions that young women look up to older men for their wisdom so if you act to young you might lose a little bit of that command presence they are looking for

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Rollo talks about this a bit. He mentions that young women look up to older men for their wisdom so if you act to young you might lose a little bit of that command presence they are looking for
I seem to recall RT stressing the importance of leadership(And he was hardly the first to do so https://www.askmen.com/top_10/dating/top-10-ways-to-become-a-better-man_2.html ), more so than "wisdom" per se. Women themselves were openly admitting to/elaborating on their motivations for doing so, in hardly-ancient, Pre-Woke past

The occasionally courageous ones still dare to speak such truths out loud

Frankly this is going to become more and more common, especially as the planet completes it's transition from manufacturing to service based economies, where men must spend more of our early lives undergoing the training and education necessary for us to achieve and maintain upward mobility. The days of being able to just "get by" financially and professionally/This being enough to entertain a wife and kids, are rapidly going the way of MJ Fox's time as a bankable star

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel isolated. Most of my close friends from years ago are all married off with kids and I hardly see them. Its been difficult to create / forge new friendships at this age.
I am able to identify with all of those experiences as a late 30s/early 40s male and all of those things have been mentioned in the thread below. I have had difficulty making new friends at age 35 and beyond.

I know several of you are older than me and still spinning plates. Tell me, what is your guys' day to day schedule like? How often do yall go out? Are you still chasing same type of women or have you changed? Made new friends or just accepted new solo hobbies?
Starting in the early 2010s (my late 20s), I started to gradually shift more of my approaching to non-bar venues for a few reasons. Most non-bar venue approaching can be done solo, which I appreciate. My personality is more introverted and better suited for non-bar approaching than nightlife venue approaching. By the mid-2010s, more of my friends started getting into serious LTRs and becoming unavailable to go to bars when I needed them. As the 2010s progressed, more and more of my friends started marrying off and then the onslaught of babies in my primary social circle started around 2022 as I mentioned in the first post of "Pregnancy Announcements Everywhere".

As I have aged, my target market woman has also slightly aged, though I am now considering bigger age gap relationships if I am able to pull it off. I've never been able to pull off big age gaps in my interactions.

I have enough male friends/acquaintances that I am still able to have a decent social life, but I do see a number of my male friends less frequently due to their marital and childcare responsibilities.