After years of 0 problems I thought I was finally immune to oneitis

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ToeHair????? That's the best you got . . . Your oneitis is going to get crazy, but don't worry, embrace the oneitis, if you never got oneitis then all the pick-up strategies would be worthless because you wouldn't care less about being with any one girl and any girl would be sufficient.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
One-itis is a symptom of low self-esteem. You're either doubting you "have what it takes" to be with this girl or you're doubting whether you have what it takes to be WITHOUT this girl.

Which is ridiculous...you have both. You need to cultivate your self-esteem and work on being complete with yourself.

Dating other women on the side while you build your relationship with this girl gives you "options", which is the classic way to deal with these feelings. But then if your options, for whatever reason, are unavailable at the same time as your one-itis, it'll just feel even worse and make the one-itis even more profound.

Start dating women for the experience, rather than to fill a need for affection or validation. This is the ONLY way to get over one-itis. It also means, though, that your traditional media-accepted idea of "love" goes out the window. The question is...how bad do you WANT to be happy with your life?

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok well over the past few weeks I have been able to kill my one itis for this girl. I don't know how i did it. I am still at this point wanting to bang her though. We went out tonight with a bunch of my friends. At first it was going great. She was touching me and flirting with me hard core. Then as the night progressed she started flirting with other guys which i knew would happen. So I just played it cool and kept talking to my friends.

Her atittude changed later though when we were isolated from the others. She became much more frigid. Not flirting much and not responding to any of my touching. At the end of the night she just gave me a hug and went home. I think i am through trying to hook up with this girl though. Way too much effort. :down:

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who are you trying to convince that you are over her?