AFC friend

seanarcher

Banned
Reaction score
I lost respect for an old friend recently. I always thought he was cool and not p****-whipped, but ever since he got his most recent gf, he's been acting really beta. If I posted her pic up here, she'd consistently rate a 2, 3 or 4 out of 10 depending on how picky/mean the person is. Yet he's always like "Me and my girl are doing this" "I'm busy with my girl." He's in his 20s and is acting like it's some big achievement that he has some UG gf. He isn't great looking, kind of AFC/beta looking, but not ugly and this isn't his first girlfriend, but he seems really proud of the fact that he has her. (They've only been dating for a few months.)

Part of me wants to tell him how stupid he sounds and that she's ugly, but I get the impression he would just say "If you had a gf, you'd understand" or "Maybe some of us want more than to get in a girl's pants." The issue isn't him having a gf. The issue is his behavior. He acts like he's dating Catherine Bell, and his girlfriend isn't even at Catherine Keener level or even Catherine Dent.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop worrying about him and his ugly gf. get out there and meet some new friends and women.

seanarcher

Banned
Reaction score
It bothers me because other than that, he's a good friend and a cool guy. I never saw this side of him before. It's almost like he feels like he's above me and our other friends because of his gf.

madsurfer

Reaction score
if he says something like "i'm not just trying to get into a girl's pants," it's really just saying that he doesn't understand how to do it, so he's brushing it off like it doesn't matter to him. trying to convince him logically won't work because he's wrapped up with this girl emotionally. and emotions always win. think about approach anxiety. it's stupid. we both know that. but i'm sure we both feel at least *some* when we're about to approach, unless you're completely desensitized, in which case, congratulations. but i bet you dealt with it before. anyway, i would say the best thing you could do is go out with your buddies and pick up some chicks that are way hotter than his catherine dent lol. put pics up on facebook (if you use it) and let him see how much fun you guys are having while he stays at home and ****s his UG.

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
seanarcher said:
If I posted her pic up here, she'd consistently rate a 2, 3 or 4 out of 10 depending on how picky/mean the person is.
Can you do us all a favor and post a picture of her up?

(For clarification purposes only of course ;)

OTB

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dropping bombs on AFC strongholds in the city that
seanarcher said:
He acts like he's dating Catherine Bell, and his girlfriend isn't even at Catherine Keener level or even Catherine Dent.
I'm guessing the ugly girl's name is Catherine? :p

I honestly did not know any of those celebrities you mentioned by name so I had to open up a new tab in my internet browser and Google-search each one of their names for her name for pictures :eek:

And yes, I must admit ----> Catherine Dent is pretty fvckin' manly looking! :crackup:
(Although I still love the show The Sheild)

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanarcher said:
It bothers me because other than that, he's a good friend and a cool guy. I never saw this side of him before. It's almost like he feels like he's above me and our other friends because of his gf.
when she dumps him he will be heartbroken and come running back to you for comfort.

I'm Charming

Don Juan
Reaction score
AFC friends should remain AFC's indefinitely.

You should only unveil your secrets should they ask you directly.

Otherwise (to them) you're just another chump that thinks he knows women.

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanarcher said:
I lost respect for an old friend recently. I always thought he was cool and not p****-whipped, but ever since he got his most recent gf, he's been acting really beta. If I posted her pic up here, she'd consistently rate a 2, 3 or 4 out of 10 depending on how picky/mean the person is. Yet he's always like "Me and my girl are doing this" "I'm busy with my girl." He's in his 20s and is acting like it's some big achievement that he has some UG gf. He isn't great looking, kind of AFC/beta looking, but not ugly and this isn't his first girlfriend, but he seems really proud of the fact that he has her. (They've only been dating for a few months.)

Part of me wants to tell him how stupid he sounds and that she's ugly, but I get the impression he would just say "If you had a gf, you'd understand" or "Maybe some of us want more than to get in a girl's pants." The issue isn't him having a gf. The issue is his behavior. He acts like he's dating Catherine Bell, and his girlfriend isn't even at Catherine Keener level or even Catherine Dent.
I went though the same EXACT thing and am still going through it kind of. What it comes down to, this friend is gone to me. And also, the girl dislikes me, probably because I'm alpha, and her boyfriend is so BETA it's terrible.

You can't help someone who's "happy" and doesn't want help