afc friend that copies me

Reaction score
what should i do about a afc friend, (used to be a great friend when i was afc too)

all he does is follow me, he see me go to the gym, wants to come too, but gives up after a few days, buys clothes that he sees me wear, heard i was joining the army reserves, so he signed up too...but when i try to get him to approach some girls, he would just make excuses and not do anything.

overall, this guy is easily persuaded, never makes decisions for himself, only asks others and is pretty introverted, but he is really nice friend, i was sick a while ago and missed like 2 months of college, he basicly brought me the assignments everyday.

but it gets a little annoying when all he does is ask your opinion for basicly everything,

but then again his parents divorced when he was little and he grew up with his uncle, so he had a hard life.

ORTIZ SANCHEZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
if its true that hes easily persuaded than persuade him to talk to some girls just be like do it man youll never have another chance like this maybe if he gets a girlfriend he might not spend so much with you

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you should be flattered if anything. if it's annoying, tell him so. good friends are always honest

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude I'd help him out man.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
metrhoe said:
i think ur the AFC who is actually following

??? Are you fvckin joking me? You read the samething i did, how did you come to your conclusion?? His friend mimicks what he does yet HE'S the one following his AFC friend? This site blows. People need to stop talking.

Anyway, just try to help him out. If he doesnt budge, find a way to trick him into doing it. If he idolizes you in the way it appears, he'll do it if you do it and help him along.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on your own life and don't worry about what your friend is doing. If he keeps asking your questions that go around in circles then just tell him either:

1) "You're right."
2) "I don't know."

Both of those responses disarm him and give him no where to go with the conversation so you don't have to deal with it. Some people are like that - they really aren't looking for advice they just like twisting conversations around for sport.

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He obviously looks up to you and respects your opinion. Be up front with him, if you find him annoying tell him your advice is overrated and that he should make his own decisions.

T Money

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My roomate was like that. I have known this guy since like 6th grade, and he's all up on my nuts all the time. He even had a girlfriend too and she noticed, got bored of it then left him for me :)

Sucks to be him, but if he doesn't man up the world will walk all over him, like she and I did.