Advice on Prom Approach

gym_addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up guys,
I'm somewhat new, I usually just lerk on the boards. Anyway, there's a girl I met a while back that goes to my school and we've talked a bit but nothing too substantial just occasional hi and smile. Anyway, she asked around and found my aim sn and said she thought i was "interesting", i guess cause both our parents are in the radio industry. Anyway, its been a little while since that happened and I'm gonna ask her to my prom and i was thinking of something along the lines of this:

Me: Hey, you got a second?
Her: Sure (or some variation)
Me: What are you doing May x
Her: I dunno (or nothing or hopefully some response that she's free)
Me: Good, I want to take you to prom(i was also thinking "Good, im taking you to prom").
Her: Ok (or some form of "yes")
Me: Ok, just worry about finding a dress and leave the rest to me.

EDIT: This would NOT be online, but in person (I'm not that stupid...i think.)

You guys got any suggestions? things i should change or add? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not totally clear from your post if you plan to do this online or in person...In person it's fine, but you should never ask someone out online.

gym_addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
O hell no, not on aim. After school is when i wanted to do it. I just added that in to give you an idea of how well she knows me. I was planning to ask her on her way to theatre, cause she directs or some sh!t. I think i may have passed up an opportunity a while back with her, I dunno.

gym_addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
O yea, anything you guys would add? maybe make it more comical and get a rise out of her?

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humor's always good :) But like you said, make it to where you're not really asking her, you're telling her. But hey, if you wanna make it comical, go for it. Luckily, I wont have to worry about this for another year :p Good luck tho man.

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NOT GOOD DAWGY!!!

Girls dont like being talked to like that unless you know them well...or you're the sheit :p :p

Start talking to her and joking around her and say somethig like
"so u tryin to go to prom this year"
compliment her and say
"yeah you;d look really good in a dress"
then go for the kill and say
"me and you would have a good time there you should come with me"
or
"you're mad cool i really would like you to come to my prom with me"

just think of something smooth like that !

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Next time you see her, just start talking to her. Don't worry about what the topic of conversation is, just talk - get comfortable with each other before you go popping any questions.

After a few minutes, when you're both having a good time and you're both comfortable and relaxed around each other, just ask her. Don't try any elaborate setup. Even if she's talking about something ridiculous like fast food - just ask her to prom. Or be a total idiot like me and tell her you've finally decided that she's worthy to be your prom date (smile when you say this, silly:) )

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck man, but don't plan on being able to follow your script even if it is just such a brief crib, gals have the tendancy to throw a spanner in the works and do totally illogical things. Be prepared to freestyle it as nothing goes to plan, but fundamentally you should say something along those lines but maybe with some flirting/C+F/kino/something thrown in so that she sees that this is a date because you are interested in her, not purely as a prom date so you dont look like a loner.

oprahjimfrey

Don Juan
Reaction score
humor is good, as long as it doesnt look planned. its gotta be spontaneous or else it will come off as bad.