Acohol - a truth serum?

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it to be true: do you guys agree?

I sober up faster than most of my drinking mates, and some of the things I hear when they loose inhibition confirm my earlier deductions about their character and intentions. That includes the chicks that hang with us....
Wanna get to really know the woman >>>>>>>>> get her drunk as soon as possible.

Last edited:

OamImrsNemo

Don Juan
Reaction score
PapiChulo said:
I find it to be true: do you guys agree?

I sober up faster than most of my drinking mates, and some of the things I hear when they loose inhibition confirm my earlier deductions about their character and intentions. That includes the chicks that hang with us....
I do not necessarily find that 100% true. I know some people who get a little alcohol in them and they start lying about stupid sh!t. Stories that were just eh are now super hero movie worthy, life or death stories. As well as some people turn into more chumps and pvssy whipped when there are intoxicated.

So I think everyone is different it changes everyone whether to reveal ones true self or adding another mask.

Radharc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OamImrsNemo said:
I do not necessarily find that 100% true. I know some people who get a little alcohol in them and they start lying about stupid sh!t. Stories that were just eh are now super hero movie worthy, life or death stories. As well as some people turn into more chumps and pvssy whipped when there are intoxicated.

So I think everyone is different it changes everyone whether to reveal ones true self or adding another mask.
It's not what they say per ser that reveals the truth, it's the way they behave in general, if someone under the influence of alchool starts telling stupid lies it doesnt mean the lies are truth, it means he is someone who will tell lies to achieve something.

You can see motives, demons, fears, more clearly. IN VINO VERITAS (ie. in wine the truth), the romans used to say some thousand years ago.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep,in vino veritas. There is still a though, fear, character trait, desire,turmoil, aggression,emotion, etc. that they hide.
If they are saying stupid ****- it might not be all that stupid after all, let alone the fact that they have said stupid sh!t to begin with. If you had a completely clean slate and had no "baggage"-your experiences or whatnot, would you behave in such a way?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just enhances what you are feeling at the moment. A happy person will be a happy drunk. If someone is drinking to "forget" something, they will get depressive. When people drink, it just brings their current emotions to the surface. Note, they can also flip on a dime as well. We've all seen people get suddenly aggressive out of nowhere after one too many drinks. It happens. People talk a lot while drunk, but I wouldn't say it's truth. I'd say a lot of it stems from truth, but for the most part it's just them talking out of their @$$. People wake up feeling embarrassed about "last night" not because they were so truthful, it's because they were probably lying, said something stupid and know it, or were completely over emotional about something (which is what we tend to do.) Take drunkness for what it is, and have fun. But don't think you're going to "get to know a girl" while watching her drunk. Everything she says will be exaggerated to the fullest, and most likely, what you hear is going to make you want to run the other way. I'd rather not get my dates all sloppy drunk. It just makes things messy.

-Scars

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Scars it does amplify what the drinker is feeling. Makes mood swings more volatile too. I would say that drunk people do tend to talk out their @ss a lot, but depending on their level of intoxication, their may be grains of truth to their ramble. Certainly if a girl states while drunk, "that guy I met in Prague was the best **** I ever had" when you had been dating her at the time, it may be worth consideration. "I beat a bear to death once with my fists" on the other hand is probably trash, and if not.....best wishes if you call their bluff.

Biggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol doesn't make you tell the truth. What it does is amplify your emotions. Therefore if something pisses you off and you wouldn't normally say something about it, when drunk it'll piss you off more than usual, and, considering it lowers your inhibitions, you're more inclined to say what your feeling and act upon it.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as chicks go, once they have a few drinks, they start to tell their little secrets. Once they start doing it, you need to be sober enough to hear what they are saying and evaluate the information that is spewing from the holes under their noses. Information is gold.