acne

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
I recommend you get off of this right now.

It works...for the most part. I was on it for about 6 months, but I hated it.

For one thing it takes 20-30 minutes, start to finish, if you do it right. Then, even better, for the next 4-5 hours if anybody rubs or otherwise touches your face, or if you rub or touch your face, lovely white filmy stuff comes off, because the Benzoyl clumps up with the moisturizer.

If you get any in your hair, have fun getting it out. I remember one day a girl who was very much into me said "oh, Matt...you have some dandruff in your hair."
"No I don't, I shower everyday."
"well...I think it's dandruff."
"No, it's this cream I use."
"Suuuure."

Finally, and perhaps best of all, your face will almost always be dry. I used copious amounts of moisturizer (but I couldn't put too much on or it would start to clump, majorly) to no avail.

Despite all of this effort, I still got pimples from time to time. And no, not just one. Three or four at once. Beats me how.

Go see a doctor. Mine put me on some peeling agent/acne cream. Guess what? The cream doesn't bunch, and the whole process probably takes about three or four minutes to do. My face is no longer dry, despite the fact that I use only 1/4 of the moisturizer I used to use. The small bumps on/around my nose have disappeared, blackheads are a thing of the past, and I haven't had a pimple to speak of since the beginning of summer.
i've been on tetracycline in the past, tried various other products/methods which my doctor has offered, and none of them have been working. i have yet to try proactiv, and accutane. it all boils down to one thing for me: money. i don't have the money for accutane or proactiv. i find this regime to be an inexpensive, yet EFFECTIVE method to fight acne.

now, what benzoyl peroxide do you use which clumps with the moisturizer? if you're using a cream (neutrogina on-the-spot), then it WILL clump up with the moisturizer. if you use the benzoyl peroxide gel which is offered from the website, then you shouldn't have that problem.

as for the over-drying, what kind of benzoyl peroxide did you use? you should be sticking with the 2.5%. i don't seem to have any problem with over drying, because i had EXTREMELY oily skin and i'm glad that the moisturizer has solved that problem. but, i don't flake or anything.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been on acne.org regimen for about 6 months. after 1-2 months it actualy starts working and pimples really minimize but it comes at a cost. i never had oily skin before i started using it and now i have shiny face by about 4-5 pm,which can get really annoying. also after a while i started to look like a ghost from BP bleaching my skin and really accentuate red marks.
i stopped last october and didnt use anyhting until march when i got a horrible breakout. so i went to the doc and he gave me duac and differin which has cleared me 99%(no new zits for weeks at a time).
a month ago i stopped using everything again and now my acne is slowly coming back so i'll have to dig up that tube of duac again.

so i'd recommend the combination of duac+differin,which worked very well for me.

initech

Reaction score
So don pablo do you find that it works or what? Im just worried about the side effects like teeth stains or something.

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, the tetracycline does work, but it makes your skin sensitive to sunlight. As for the teeth yellowing, I haven't really noticed any, but for some it does.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tetracycline works for the first couple of months or so. Then your body develops a tolerance for it. That's what happened to me a few years ago.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has he finished the gel? The last I heard he was just working on the development of it.

That solves a lot of my qualms about using the regimen, but it's still time consuming.

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the list of how to get rid of acne:
1.Wash your face with some cleanser (it can be neutrogena, clearasil, proactiv, whatever you like). Use a lot of water to wash your face.
2. Dry your face with some towell gently.
3. Apply Benzoil Peroxide.( The best one is clearasil ultra, because it has 10% benzoil peroxide, unlike proactive that only has 2.5%)
4. Let it dry a little bit, then apply an oil-free moisturizer
5. Do it three times a day and say good bye to you acne:D
Another thing; don't touch your face, avoid it at all cost.

Wacky-1

Don Juan
Reaction score
This might help guys..

I used to have serious acne as well...never really could understand it, as I took good care of my face.Now I've got perfectly clear skin, because I realised the problem.If you take a lot of milk/dairy products, you might wanna cut down on them, i'm talking, once a week, or fortnightly.Reason:Milk products nowadays have cows injected with all sorts of things, so accelerated sebum (oil) release could be a factor that contributes to the acne.Keep this in mind.After I started taking milk fortnightly, my skin became clear, and now i've got only the occasional zit to worry about :D

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by paraguayandj
Here is the list of how to get rid of acne:
1.Wash your face with some cleanser (it can be neutrogena, clearasil, proactiv, whatever you like). Use a lot of water to wash your face.
2. Dry your face with some towell gently.
3. Apply Benzoil Peroxide.( The best one is clearasil ultra, because it has 10% benzoil peroxide, unlike proactive that only has 2.5%)
4. Let it dry a little bit, then apply an oil-free moisturizer
5. Do it three times a day and say good bye to you acne:D
Another thing; don't touch your face, avoid it at all cost.
Yeah, and then have fun with the clumping of the benzoyl and moisturizer.

If you insist on using benzoyl peroxide, then order the GEL from www.acne.org.

RussianRocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
Yeah, and then have fun with the clumping of the benzoyl and moisturizer.

If you insist on using benzoyl peroxide, then order the GEL from www.acne.org.

The new gel is a god send. There is absolutly 0 clumping. The gel actually feels like a moisturizer in its own. It cleared me up and FAST. It's the best regime ever. No questions asked. (only problem is it's time consuming... but it's a price worth paying for a clear face.)

Tedward

Don Juan
Reaction score
what exactly do you guys mean by the benzoyl peroxide clumping with the moisturizer? I'm currently using proactive benzoyl peroxide and neutrogena oil-free moisturizer and i've noticed no clumping. Not much in terms of results, but no clumping.

RussianRocket

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tedward
what exactly do you guys mean by the benzoyl peroxide clumping with the moisturizer? I'm currently using proactive benzoyl peroxide and neutrogena oil-free moisturizer and i've noticed no clumping. Not much in terms of results, but no clumping.
It mostly happens with the Neutrogena 2.5% brand. Proactivs is a smooth gel that doesn't clump. Neutrogena's does.