acne

dawg89

Don Juan
Reaction score
ever feel like ur acne is keepin u from approaching girls i do and i wanna get rid of it does any 1 know a good acne medicne cuz i been using proactiv and its not working PLEASE HELP

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn if proactiv isnt working for you, you got a serious problem...go to the doc and get something prescribed

Tempest

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've recently begun the Regime, provided by acne.org. i've heard many good things from it, and practically everyone refers me to there.

it's basically three products which you'll be using twice a day.

a bar cleanser (soap)
2.5% benzoyl peroxide
an oil-free moisturizer

visit their forums, check out the website, and everything. it's cheaper than proactiv. there are people that have displayed pictures of absolutely HORRENDOUS acne, and this regime has done wonders for them.

just check it out, it will supply a lot of information on how you can treat acne, as well as prescribed products.

dawg89

Don Juan
Reaction score
undesputed i been using it for 4 weeks everytime i put the moisturizer on it makes mo pimples come out when i use the last step everything goes back to normal could you tell me ho yo use it>

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no it has never happened

I ordered this one thing from the doctors and it works wonders on me.

Another tip I used and it got rid of alot of acne is shaving while taking a shower. Soap up and shave. Takes care of alot of acne for me at least. :) and no more shaving cream or any of that stuff:) :) :) .

saves money:)

ThEFuRy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont have that much, but i went to the docs anyways and got prescribed some stuff called Zineryt. Seems to be working quite well for me.

Before i came to this site i was just shy anyways, ive never really been bothered by my spots or let them stop me doing things. Now im not shy in the slightest and i still dont let them bother me.

Trumpetman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a dermatalogist.

The best pill out for 100% clearing up acne is called Accutane. I'm on it right now and you can see results after the first week and a half or so. You'll be put on it 6 months and 90% of patients don't ever have serious acne again.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dawg89
undesputed i been using it for 4 weeks everytime i put the moisturizer on it makes mo pimples come out when i use the last step everything goes back to normal could you tell me ho yo use it>
well i suppose you have the kit that has 3 bottles....the cleanser, the "revilitizing toner" and the repairing lotion....

is easy to use it, just wash your face first and dry it, then apply the cleanser....that one feels like it has little beads and they supposebly clean out your pores... and it has benzoyl peroxide.....after youve put it on and massaged it all over your face for a little while, wash it off with warm water and pat dry....

next is the green liquid, just get some paper or cotton and put it all over your face, and let it dry.

and last is the repairing lotion which is also prescription grade really fine benzoyl peroxide that penetrates deep into the skin....you just put some on your finger and rub it all over, and thats it....

ive never had really serious acne, but just a couple of pimples here and there that werent good for anything. so i just got the proactiv, it cleaned my face and has prevented any further acne...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tempest
i've recently begun the Regime, provided by acne.org. i've heard many good things from it, and practically everyone refers me to there.

it's basically three products which you'll be using twice a day.

a bar cleanser (soap)
2.5% benzoyl peroxide
an oil-free moisturizer

visit their forums, check out the website, and everything. it's cheaper than proactiv. there are people that have displayed pictures of absolutely HORRENDOUS acne, and this regime has done wonders for them.

just check it out, it will supply a lot of information on how you can treat acne, as well as prescribed products.
I recommend you get off of this right now.

It works...for the most part. I was on it for about 6 months, but I hated it.

For one thing it takes 20-30 minutes, start to finish, if you do it right. Then, even better, for the next 4-5 hours if anybody rubs or otherwise touches your face, or if you rub or touch your face, lovely white filmy stuff comes off, because the Benzoyl clumps up with the moisturizer.

If you get any in your hair, have fun getting it out. I remember one day a girl who was very much into me said "oh, Matt...you have some dandruff in your hair."
"No I don't, I shower everyday."
"well...I think it's dandruff."
"No, it's this cream I use."
"Suuuure."

Finally, and perhaps best of all, your face will almost always be dry. I used copious amounts of moisturizer (but I couldn't put too much on or it would start to clump, majorly) to no avail.

Despite all of this effort, I still got pimples from time to time. And no, not just one. Three or four at once. Beats me how.

Go see a doctor. Mine put me on some peeling agent/acne cream. Guess what? The cream doesn't bunch, and the whole process probably takes about three or four minutes to do. My face is no longer dry, despite the fact that I use only 1/4 of the moisturizer I used to use. The small bumps on/around my nose have disappeared, blackheads are a thing of the past, and I haven't had a pimple to speak of since the beginning of summer.

CoRVeTTe6699

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only post u need to read for your problem

one word: Accutane

i had horrible acne for 60% of my high school career. i would cry at night b/c it was so bad. i wouldnt even want to go for girls anymore.

all those face creams are ****. dermatolgists use it to get u to keep coming back to get more money. i switched doctors. that was the greatest thing i ever did in my life.

the new doctor was amazing. he gave me accutane. i read all this **** about it saying its gonna make me commit suicide. thats all bull**** dont believe it. u have to be careful on it though. u go for bloodtests every few weeks... and u wont be able to run a track while your on it cuz it messes u up a lil bit. and ur lips dry up...and u get really dry skin...just use lotions for that. i know many people who used it and were successful.

i used accutane - one course (6 months) - no more breakouts - my skin is so nice people compliment it.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You have such smooth, supple skin."

That would be scary to hear.

The skin creams aren't bull****, they just don't work for everybody. I would rather use the topical ointments I'm on now than accutane.

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use 6% benzoyl peroxide and 1% cleomycin

both of them seem too work well especially the latter, but Ive never really had acne so i wouldnt really know i guess lol

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm using a drug called Roaccutane right now. It's a 16 - 24 week course, and I'm in the 7th week right now. My acne got from average to worse in the first wweeks, but I think it's because all the bad $hit came out of my face or something. Now I still have a bit acne, but I hope I'll get rid of it in a week or so.

Also notice that medication has side effects.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Slimijs
My acne got from average to worse in the first wweeks
Yeah, that's to be expected with a lot of medication.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I now got the name of what I am using

erythromycin benzoyl peroxide topical gel

It works like a charm

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use the acne.com regime and it's working for me. I've been using it for 2 months and everyone that has known me is saying "damn Joey, your skin is clearing up!" I used to have horrible acne, and now its only 2 or 3 bumps and then red spots (those are fading really good).

Things don't happen overnight people. You need to use it for a while and use it twice a day. I nearly gave up at first because I didn't see results. Then about 2 weeks into it, I noticed I had less acne and the red spots were fading.

Worse comes to worse, use the tinted formula during the day, makes you look better if done right. :D

initech

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried tetracycline because my doctor offered it but I didnt like the sound of it side effects? Anyone know any info on it?

Tedward

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you man, I got pretty bad acne too. I've tried just about everything, including proactiv, but nothing worked, and it just made my skin really dry. I want to go on accutane because everyone says that works, but my mom is really against it because of its side effects, namely depression. My family already has a history of depression and my grandfather committed suicide, so she wont let me take it. I guess i'll just have to wait it out. :(

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tedward
I feel you man, I got pretty bad acne too. I've tried just about everything, including proactiv, but nothing worked, and it just made my skin really dry. I want to go on accutane because everyone says that works, but my mom is really against it because of its side effects, namely depression. My family already has a history of depression and my grandfather committed suicide, so she wont let me take it. I guess i'll just have to wait it out. :(
I use a prescription-only cream called Benzaclin. It doesn't dry out your skin much and it's worked for me so you might wanna try that.

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by initech
Has anyone here tried tetracycline because my doctor offered it but I didnt like the sound of it side effects? Anyone know any info on it?
Currently using it. I have found Benzaclin doen't work. I use a topical application called Plexion as well.