accutane question

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been bulking for the past 5 weeks and it's been going well. I've always had bad acne on my back and my doctor suggested accutane. I'm going to start it next week but I'm also doing the bulking diet of 3,500 calories per day, 200-225 g of protein per day & creatine. Is there any risk of bulking and taking accutane? I know there are some mild side effects but I'd like to hear anyone's personal experience with accutane. Thanks.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With any drug, there will always be a risk associated with taking it. That being said, the chances of you having any side-effects due to your bulking and taking Accutane at the same time are about .000001% Accutane itself may cause side-effects, but it won't matter if you're eating 2500 calories a day or 3500. Do try to take Vitamin E, and take accutane on a full stomach.

I've been taking it for about 4 years now and know virtually everything there is to know about the drug. If you have any questions later on in your treatment (such as why you're getting nosebleeds, dry skin, etc.) just update the thread and I'll be glad to see if I can help. Oh yeah, if you start getting depressed, stop taking it. A few people have jumped off bridges before after they started their treatment - those who haven't generally tend to do pretty well with their new skin. :)

Check out these threads:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/search...id=82403&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because of the heavy bulking my roaccutane caused depression is significantly less severe!uhh but i will be very glad when i'm finished in 2weeks...diablo can you tell me when i can start with tanning? when will the fvcking dryness stop? when will the depression effects go away?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@thread: when i started with roaccutane i had muscle cramps and could only lift half of my normal weight with pain. so i had to stop working out for a few weeks

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your advice. I'm kind of concerned starting the medication but I could always stop at any time. My doctor said it's a 5 month long process but we'll see. I want to still maintain my lifestyle of getting my bachelor's, working, lifting and women without any distractions. I'll let you know what happens.

Etienne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've used Accutane when I was 16 years old.

Think about it before you do. Accutane influences your hormones if I remember correctly. It's a very very strong chemical and has some strong side effects.

Your acne will sort itself out with time. I know, I know, it's easy to say, espicially from someone who has had acne.

Before you make your decision, really think about it. To this day, I still wonder if it was worth it.

Etienne

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why do you wonder do you have long term effects? i hope the depressive effects will be gone when i'm done with accu...

Etienne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I can't say for sure if the effects are due to accutane, has it has not been scientifically proven.

I have some impression, however, that some of the stuff that happened to me come from taking accutane.

This is why I suggest waiting for acne to fade away naturally rather to force things chemically.

E.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but for some people it takes very long to go away, and some will have it for life. i'm almost 22 and wish i had taken it a lot earlier.....

Etienne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, acne, If I remember well, comes from an misadjutment of hormones. I remember loud and clear what the dermatologist said: "The only way not to have acne would be to cut your testicles off". So it's related to that.

Either way, good luck and everything will be fine as long as you take responsability for your choices.

E.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh bulking and increasing testosterone levels definatlely doesn't help my acne to go away.

anyway thanx, i hope everything will be fine when i'm off.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh i'm really sleepy after taking 2roaccutane ´pills