Accent keeps getting me AMOGed. Need Help

Goodfella13

Reaction score
I've found that having a British accent in theUS generally helps with women but i also get mimicked alot, it's usually all in good fun but I also get AMoGed over my accent and can sometimes be pushed into the dancing monkey role. If I tell people to stop i come across as an *******. does anyone have any suggestins?

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Call 'em a bunch of bloody wankers, and threaten to throw down in fisticuffs if they don't bugger off.

Or...make fun of their hick American accents. It says you're in Georgia. "Howdy y'all! 'Yunta watch Nascar and drink Busch Light?"

schttrj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know what you are thinking too much about being AMOGed. Why? If they are doing it in good humour, that means they accept and like you but that they pull your leg because you react to that. If you feel good about yourself and act like a winner, your accent is not going to be a problem.

and oh ya, I have a sweet saying for you:"If you know how to laugh at yourself, they would not laugh at you".....

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amog them back by telling them that their mimic of you sounds like a trashy plebe. Then they won't know what a plebe is.

An amog is like a punch. If someone hits you, hit them back harder.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez, you wouldn't survive a minute down under then. :D We love to take the piss out of you poms. If you get sh!t from the guys, give it right back, see if they can take it. It's all in good fun.

dfb808

Don Juan
Reaction score
Goodfella,say something back to them in your native tongue in a calm manner and then just carry on whatever was happening before.