Abs

Kpocalypse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm wondering how long it takes for muscles to "fade away". I haven't been able to train properly for the past two months and I'm wondering for how long my muscles will stay the same.

This is a pic taken yesterday.

http://tinypic.com/ifxwdv.jpg

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Abs don't 'fade away', they get hidden by stored fat. Keep eating right and they'll be visible indefinitely.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actuly they can slowly disapear from lack of use. This process is quite slow, genraly its easy come easy go, if oyu have been working on them for a year, they are not exactly going to disapear over night, i imagine it would be sevral months or so. At least thats been my experince with other muscles.

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
here's a story...
years ago when i was a wee lad i would go to the gym and JUST train biceps and triceps (yes I know it sounds strange, but hey what do yunnguns do).

than oh so like 4 or 5 years go by and im back in a gym working out hard and somewhat proper. guess which two muscles advance the fastest, mass and weight wise? that's right the bis and tris. here is where i'd like to introduce you to the concept of muscle memory! it remembers itself ya dig? i know this guy who hasn't worked out for a month and still maintains his cutness. you're ok, it may take you a little bit to get back to full strength, but its not like you have to start over at all.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AmazingTricks
here's a story...
years ago when i was a wee lad i would go to the gym and JUST train biceps and triceps (yes I know it sounds strange, but hey what do yunnguns do).

than oh so like 4 or 5 years go by and im back in a gym working out hard and somewhat proper. guess which two muscles advance the fastest, mass and weight wise? that's right the bis and tris. here is where i'd like to introduce you to the concept of muscle memory! it remembers itself ya dig? i know this guy who hasn't worked out for a month and still maintains his cutness. you're ok, it may take you a little bit to get back to full strength, but its not like you have to start over at all.

Thats a very good point, it took me ages to get good at cycling, and now i can take a few months off and then get good again with in a matter of weeks.

DiMallio

Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree.. they may fade but it wont take as long to get where u used to be !!

GropeDope

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Rockstar
Damn man, i want abs like yours

whats your work out plan?
Careful with your choice of words. You likely already have abs like that if you've done some abdominal work for a couple months...yours are just covered by fat. You need to cut down your body fat down to around 8% in order to expose them.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone had to say it, so I do: Those are some badass abs!!
I doubt that I got them half as big, although i train them once a week and have little body fat. Abs are just muscles. Different people have different sized muscles. So I don't agree with GropeDope.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GropeDope
Careful with your choice of words. You likely already have abs like that if you've done some abdominal work for a couple months...yours are just covered by fat. You need to cut down your body fat down to around 8% in order to expose them.
yeah because mine are less defined then that, even if i tense them, but if i tense them and then pull down on my skin so the abbs become more visable then mine are actuly bigger. Thing i am worried about is that when i was 14 i used to be fat, is i can strech my skin quite a bit on my stomach, as if maybe i got excess skin or somthing, which will hide my abbs. Im hoping that because i wasnt terribly fat,a ltohugh more then chubby, and because i was younger then, that i dont have excess skin.