About to lose this girl, I've lost my touch...

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been a member for quite some time. In fact, so long I can't recall my screen name from 2007 / 08. Whatever, it's beside the point.

I'm 2 months deep in this new found relationship of mine and I screwed up and developed feelings. Not strong feelings, but I'm guilty of checkin my phone to specifically see if SHE has text me. You catch my drift.

We play trivia crack most the day and text most of the day. I am losing my awareness as to when I should stop responding, HOW to respond... I find myself asking How's your day? Or I'll say 'Sleep tight' when I haven't received a response and all the while it's creeping up on 11pm. Although she always responds, I can't imagine why she does. I know I wouldn't - that **** is boring. Help guys, I have lost the ability to strike emotion and flirt with her. I'm not anchoring the raised emotions of texts to me by any means. WTF is wrong with me?

Bear in mind that our primary means of communication is texting. Yea, I'm likely doing that wrong - Please criticize as I need to hear it from all angles.

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah man, I have given her no reason to miss my texts. Before I decrease my texts, I need to establish some sort of reason for her to wonder where I am, what I'm doing, and who I'm with. I've already effed up and asked her if she was dating someone else. She said no but we all know that's BS

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gwaller33 said:
Nah man, I have given her no reason to miss my texts. Before I decrease my texts, I need to establish some sort of reason for her to wonder where I am, what I'm doing, and who I'm with. I've already effed up and asked her if she was dating someone else. She said no but we all know that's BS
you're overthinking this. stop texting her so much. you don't need a reason for not texting her so much. leave it up to the girl's imagination why you aren't texting like before and try to meet other girls so you can get your mind off her

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a few others to text if need be - problem is this one is out gaming me and it's causing me to gravitate her direction more than I'd like. I can slow down on the texting, but I'm trying to figure out how to make the texts I do send count.

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and her dog died 3 months ago.. A month prior to meeting me. I am effin lost when it comes to comforting her on a DJ level. Absolutely lost.

I'm about ready to let go of it out of fear that ive screwed it up too much.

MilanoRedDC5

Don Juan
Reaction score
You might consider asking yourself, what is the point in this text you've received from her... If in fact she's looking for simple conversation than let it go. Do not pay mind until it seems necessary and slowly let yourself down off of the relationship ledge...

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
Gwaller33 said:
Oh, and her dog died 3 months ago.. A month prior to meeting me.
What does that matter? I don't think you have no touch.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a texting guideline that I try to adhere to as much as possible with plates/girlfriends, and it sets a good frame from the start that you're a busy guy and not much of a texter and getting a text from you is rare and a treat.

The rule is: If the text I'm about to send isn't logistical, isn't funny or isn't going to give her tingles, I DON'T send it.

There are obviously some exceptions that are made but I generally follow the above guideline.

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
RangerMIke said:
Tell her you want to see her more and her texts less.
Really like that, thanks for the help. I'll prob hit her with that this afternoon.

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fireballs said:
I have a texting guideline that I try to adhere to as much as possible with plates/girlfriends, and it sets a good frame from the start that you're a busy guy and not much of a texter and getting a text from you is rare and a treat.

The rule is: If the text I'm about to send isn't logistical, isn't funny or isn't going to give her tingles, I DON'T send it.

There are obviously some exceptions that are made but I generally follow the above guideline.
A lot of great points, I get in my head and believe "she's different" so easily with this girl that I fear not texting enough will push her away. I'm also in Oklahoma City for 5 months on a work project, and met her in Dallas. Although we've made future plans to hang, I text her a bit too often in effort to keep it alive. I don't go back home for good until July.

It's only a 3 hour drive..

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's how you make her pull. Stop texting her for an entire day. The next day send a very brief text about meeting up, i.e. "We should meet up this weekend"

From this point on, do not initiate anything with her except to set up more meet ups or to talk dirty to her. If it's just feasible to meet up because of your distance, talk dirty to her more often. She may change her mind, either way you'll get her attention. That's it. No more "good morning" and constantly playing games. Make her value your time like a precious comodity. When she chases you by texting and sending game invites on your phone, be aloof. Occasionally respond/accept. Occasionally don't respond/accept at all. When her hampster goes into overdrive and she asks, "What are you doing?" maintain your frame and casually tell her you've been busy. If she keeps prying, respond after a while and change the subject to something sexual.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gwaller33 said:
A lot of great points, I get in my head and believe "she's different" so easily with this girl that I fear not texting enough will push her away. I'm also in Oklahoma City for 5 months on a work project, and met her in Dallas. Although we've made future plans to hang, I text her a bit too often in effort to keep it alive. I don't go back home for good until July.

It's only a 3 hour drive..

Pretty important piece of the puzzle you left out, LDRs S*CK even if it's temporary.

That changes things a lot!

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
hockeyfreak79 said:
Pretty important piece of the puzzle you left out, LDRs S*CK even if it's temporary.

Yea I realized that one after I typed it in. Truth seems to be to let the hb8 go and move on.... I haven't sent a text today and I have refrained from playin too much trivia crack lol - I'm not sure wtf I'm gonna do about this one.

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
hockeyfreak79 said:

Part of me thought that the LDR would be a true test of my capabilities... But I quickly found my own ass asking her when she was going to come and see me which came to the conclusion that I'm making a weekend trip to stay w her for a night. I've lost my touch and it shows.

Gwaller33

Don Juan
Reaction score
BrainDamage92 said:
Dude you either keep hoes i check or they walk over you. You done ****ed up.

Nah man, I've been here before. She still initiates convo most everytime we talk. I know it can be salvaged, my thought was to get some real advice before I do completely eff it up.

BrainDamage92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gwaller33 said:
Nah man, I've been here before. She still initiates convo most everytime we talk. I know it can be salvaged, my thought was to get some real advice before I do completely eff it up.

Dude, just be honest with her like really really honest and tell her what you want. If she refuses to hell with her. Just stop playing a game and be hones man I do this all the time and women take it as a breath of fresh air among all the dudes who try to play them.

Best advice I can give. But you did too much needy **** already I think I dunno Im not a player and everyone is different but boy... Keep *****ez in check. Never, never surrender verbally or in any other way to a woman. Youre better than her show her this.

MilanoRedDC5

Don Juan
Reaction score
BrainDamage92 said:
Dude, just be honest with her like really really honest and tell her what you want. If she refuses to hell with her. Just stop playing a game and be hones man I do this all the time and women take it as a breath of fresh air among all the dudes who try to play them.

Best advice I can give. But you did too much needy **** already I think I dunno Im not a player and everyone is different but boy... Keep *****ez in check. Never, never surrender verbally or in any other way to a woman. Youre better than her show her this.
I agree, however when you're honest w her I'm thinkin you need to keep whatever you say, as short as possible. Remind her it's temporary, and give her no options. Let her know that you'll be back soon and you appreciate the patience. Prob with all of this is, you're admitting feelings, but I have no clue what else to tell you with your current situation. If anyone else does, feel free to shine some light.