A question on shoes

Reaction score
Alright SoSuave, time for a question about shoes.

I'm looking for advice on the kinds of shoes one should/shouldn't wear. At the moment I do a lot of walking and I have flat feet, so my shoes ideally need to be able to have in-sole orthotics in them (for those that don't know, orthotics adjust your foot so you stand better).

One pair of shoes I have is a multi-purpose cross country walking and running shoe, which I had been wearing for a couple of years before some girl friends of mine affirmed my fears by saying they were geeky. I wear this pair A LOT (almost too much, I think) mainly because I do a crapload of walking and they're the only pair I have so far that are vegan and support my orthotics. They're really good for hiking with, but I don't think they're good to sport round the town if I'm trying to turn heads (in the RIGHT way).

The other shoes I have are nice looking, but flat. I got some Chuck Tailor's but they're awful for my feet and I'll only wear them rarely for some social events. I got a nice pair of canvas Vans shoes, which look great when I go out for a party or clubbing. It's good with dark wash jeans and a button-down fancy-but-casual shirt I got.

Things are tough trying to maintain vegan standards with my clothing, but I'm bending more and more to the maxim, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do."

So there are a few ideas to work with fellow DJs and aspiring DJs:

- good shoes
- good for yer feet (especially for those with foot problems)
- alternatives to leather

And conversely I'd like to open the floor for discussing what not to wear, e.g. is it a really bad idea to wear running/walking cross-trainers, no matter how good they are for your feet, with your casual about-town clothing?

Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Mr Fox

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont care what is on his feet so long as firstly they arent heels and secondly, they go with the outfit and thirdly, they dont smell.

Reaction score
Wonder what someone local would say - things are weird in this city. Everybody - even the men - are obsessed with shoes and outfits. A lot of girls I've met have told me my footwear is geeky. Hence the post. o_O

People are weird.

JJ109

Don Juan
Reaction score
get shoes that you like, and make sure to keep them clean.