A question for those of you in sales. . .

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my job hunt I've come across lots of jobs about sales. They use lots of terms I don't know, like inside sales, outside sales and b to b. I'm a little interested in a sales job, but have no idea what these words mean. Can anyone clarify for me? Maybe even give me the inside scoop about what I'd be getting into if I took a sales job?

Hooligan Harry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sheesh. Its a little more complex then that mate.

Post a list of the acronyms or words you are having a problem with and Ill see if I can help you out

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The most common ones I see are "inside sales" "outside sales" and "b to b."

I don't know what these words mean.

CGE333

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Inside sales- most likely means you are pounding the telephone dialing for dollars as they say, simply you are working in an office and typically not meeting the clients F2F (face to face)

Outside Sales- means you are meeting the clients/ prospects face to face either by a preset appointment or you are dropping by unannounced hoping the DM (decision maker) is there and has time to talk

There are some older threads either in this section or in the tips section regarding sales, if you haven't already try some searches

Kwothe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pls forget about all the jargon. And get yourself a sales book, it only cost a few bucks, not only you understand the jargon, plus you get a pretty much an idea what a sales job entitle. Dont worry what book you pick up, because all sales go through the same process,no matter what product you sell, you go through the same process.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was thinking about going into sales too.
but my parents say it's really unreliable.
how much school do i need to jobs in sales?
and how much money does an above average person make?

apusislaya

Banned
Reaction score
$500 to $10,000 a month, and some six digits a month of pure profit. Sales on eBay. Idea is simple, get merchandise, sell it. Benefits are great, you don't have to be at work from 9 to 5, plus the more you work the more you make.

Idea is to get merchandise, can do it from U.S. can do it from China, or any other country. The only problem is that if item is unbranded, if customs open it, they will confiscate it.

90% of everything you see on eBay comes from China? :)

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick up a social psych book. Nothing better than understanding how people work.