A little Dilemma.

Idkmyname

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright so I'm going to make this quick because I'm tired.

So there's this girl I was seeing, we went on a couple dates and she started sending me randoms texts saying she missed me and she really liked me and then one day jokingly i said "you should stop trying to be my girlfriend" and she took that as I wanted a more serious relationship, which at the moment I don't.

She explained to me that she didn't want a serious relationship at the moment either, but she started to think I did. So another week went by and she still sent me texts and told me she liked me and then people started spreading the word that we're a couple and that kind of scared her because she just got out of a relationship and wants to just be free or play the field I guess (I'm not ignorant) she also explained to me that she's in college now (she's a freshman) and she wanted to be single for awhile.

So last weekend she was still physically all over me, she'd "kino" as you guys say and I'd kino back and we'd get flirty, but now she seems even more stand-offish and doesn't really talk to me anymore.

Tomorrow I plan to explain to her that this whole thing was a misunderstanding and I shouldn't have let it get so out of hand and that I really just want us to go back to our "seeing" each other stage where we'd hook up and that's about it.

Is there anything else I should do to try to salvage this?

She was genuinely interested in me until people started making us out to be a serious couple which we never were. I should have said something in the beginning to stop this but I was kind of interested on how she would react.

Idkmyname

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh also she's not the only girl I'm kinda seeing right now. She was just the only one that had potential to go further.

slcKing

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea i know what u mean im in college and im going threw the same thing with this girl i met

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
First, I don't think you'd ever want to tell a woman you "just want to hook up and that's about it", unless that's the truth. But here, it sounds like you want something more out of this.

Honestly, I would avoid that awkward conversation all together because once you start having to have "talks", things immediately seem more serious. Just give her space and keep things casual. She'll come to you if that's what she wants. IMO, that text of yours was a bit weird, I wouldn't know what to think if a guy sent me a text like that, and I'd probably just ignore him.

true romance

Don Juan
Reaction score
Start dating other girls and let people see you with another girl even as platonic..etc let her see you with other girls.

Don't tell her anything...just have fun...let things cool down abit..stay away from her for few days