A Girl, A Friend, Me, and a lot of problems

servo1234567

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me start out saying that I love this girl with everything I have. She means the world to me. I've messed up thousands of times. Here's the problem: Me and Sherry started going out a year ago. We were happy and then this summer she wanted to break up. She wants to be free. she doesn't want to be tied down. I didn't like this and several times I convinced her to do otherwise. Then, in August, she does it. I've devastated but the thing is nothing changes. We still hang out, kiss, and do other things together. Now this school year, we started out and we were on a rocky road. I've tried to help things out (buying things, doing little extras )but it just keeps getting worse it seems. Enter my friend, James. I try to get her to talk to him because he's my friend and she doesn't like me being around him. Then he starts liking her. And at times I see them talking. Until last month, I find out it's really over between us. She's not with James or with me. She says she wants to be friends with both of us. She seems more interested in him(this sucks). She actually told me today it was because he was something different. He was something new. Now, I like the dude but that's my chick. I haven't been really strong or anything about it. I kinda let it happen. My mistake. I didn't think it would happen. I don't know what to do. How do I get her attention back? She still calls, we still go places together and I go to her house, but it's feeling really friendly. Kissing is a little peck on the lips when I leave her house. She's now going to places with him though. She's went to his house and I know she's kissed him. We got so upset with each other(me and James) that we were about to fight. Today we talked in the first time in weeks. I've been with her through everything. Her father is a mean guy. I've always heard what she had to say about everything he has done to her. Nothing physical or anything. Just really hurt her emotionally. I've made some mistakes of hurting her too and that's when she goes to James. When they were going to leave her dad I was going to help them move. I've always been with her through good and bad. What do I do to get her attention back? James doesn't matter. I like him but all's fair in love and war. I love this girl to death and it's killing me seeing her with him. I think I've been working the wrong way. I bought her some things. I've been really emotional and even cried a few times. Please, guys, help me out. I don't know what I'm going to have to do but I want to know. She really is an amazing girl and I want to know her again.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You, my AFC friend, need help. I am that help.

*ahem*

Open your eyes and see that:

1) She's going with him, deal with it.
2) You said yourself you fvcked up with her a few times. What reason do you have to expect her to come back to you?
3) Learn from this mistake and move on.
4)...the inevitable...

READ THE BIBLE.

M2k961

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What the ****. Can't you see that she wants to be FRIENDS? Can't you see that she's not your "girl" anymore and you should LEAVE HER ALONE?

Dude, you're never going to get her attention back. You became a whiney crying AFC and she DOESN'T WANT TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND ANYMORE.

GET OVER IT. You have One-itis big time.

For the love of god, stop trying to control her, get off James' back, and let everyone LIVE THEIR LIFE!

SHE DOESN'T WANT TO BE TIED DOWN! GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL!

servo1234567

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the point I was trying to make. She still has feelings for me and I her. But she's developing feelings for him. What do I do stop that and get myself looking better?

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
You, my AFC friend, need help. I am that help.

*ahem*

Open your eyes and see that:

1) She's going with him, deal with it.
2) You said yourself you fvcked up with her a few times. What reason do you have to expect her to come back to you?
3) Learn from this mistake and move on.
4)...the inevitable...

READ THE BIBLE.
oh yea...

5) you've got oneitis biatch!!

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well buddy, "your" girl seems like she likes your friend and vice versa. Which is messed up of him but thats another story. You bought her things to make it all better? No...you'rea a grade A AFC. Dont be a chump, get over her. Read the bible and read some other stuff.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Except for the girl you marry, every single relationship in your life will come to a point where it can no longer continue. Your relationship with this girl is at this point now, and you must accept that.

Yes, I realize this sucks. But instead of becoming depressed, realize that you have a lot to learn, and you have some great resources here. Take full advantage of them and carry that knowledge into the future, so you won't get burned again.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by servo1234567
Let me start out saying that I love this girl with everything I have. She means the world to me. I've messed up thousands of times. Here's the problem: Me and Sherry started going out a year ago. We were happy and then this summer she wanted to break up. She wants to be free. she doesn't want to be tied down.
Two things you never want your woman to be saying:
1) I'm a man
OR
2) I want to be free/I don't want to be tied down.

A little interpretation - men are pretty much stamped as 'free' in our society --> this means, we're allowed to bang women and not be deemed dirty or skanky.

So, when your girl says she wants to be free, what she wants is no-strings-attached fun with guys. Plural form there, GUYS. She wants to experiment, sample, taste taste, see what's out there - in short, she wants out, and you can't stop her.

Let her go. You don't want her if she isn't going to be happy with you.

The goal isn't to trap her into being with you at any cost - it's voluntary on both sides.